Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
Good day MrSchwify,
First of all I totally see where your frustrations lie with knowing the tax from coinflip/auction house does not go anywhere. Like anything in economics taking money out of the population is really necessary to help slow the economy and managing the upper class.

To explain this better we can discus how if you coinflip 1mil, the winner now gets 2mil, minus tax at either 1% or 7% (depending on realm) meaning the total winning ranges from 1.86mil to 1.98mil.. this money is then removed from the economy without a lot of notice. Therefore slowing the economy, even in the slightest bit.

My best suggestion for you is if you don't like the idea of paying taxes, don't do coinflips.

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
653 7
I think tax is a reasonable feature on a server for many different reasons. Tax is a way to limit profits, as the methods that are taxed (coinflip, auction house, sell chests) are very fast ways of making money, without tax it will just boost certain players ahead and make it harder for the less experienced players.
Specifically relating to coinfip, the tax also deters stat boosting, if there was no tax you could easily keep doing large coinflips to boost your stats, and then just have people pay you back. With the tax this reduces chances of boosting.
Tax is also a real life thing, and maybe it’s teaching younger players that everything comes at a cost, so maybe it could actually be beneficial for people’s personal growth?
If you don’t like taxes, you’ll have to get used to it. Irl taxes are a lot higher than 7% lmao

WhyMeBat2

PATRON
WhyMeBat2
WhyMeBat2
Patron
Ratings
23 1
coinflip should be a bit of fun and not an income source. the tax makes sure of that by removing a percentage of your profits