Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey superfroge!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion has no effect on whether the map gets accepted or not. I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this map has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme is PRETTY GOOD since while there is at least one dog map already (ShibaInu) I don't think there is a single map about Naruto. Good job on the theme!
The build of your map is OKAY. It is somewhat accurate to the character, however I find it quite flat and plain, especially from the facial area. It's face could be a lot rounder I think. Also you only used quartz blocks for the white fur which I think could have some variation with for example some of it as chiseled quartz! It's a decent build!
The parkour of your map is PRETTY GOOD. It's well varied, fun, mostly fits the difficulty, is long enough and has an appropriate amount of checkpoints. There is however some amount of difficulty bouncing, where some of the jumps fit more a Medium map. There's also one jump that I think is too difficult for a Hard map.
2020-05-14_13.48.24.png

I couldn't find a single exploit in your map which is good!

Overall I think if you manage to make the build less plain and flat and slightly improve the parkour variety and difficulty I think this map has a solid chance of being accepted!

Good luck! :)

Xerablade

Ratings
Hey superfroge!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion has no effect on whether the map gets accepted or not. I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this map has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme is PRETTY GOOD since while there is at least one dog map already (ShibaInu) I don't think there is a single map about Naruto. Good job on the theme!
The build of your map is OKAY. It is somewhat accurate to the character, however I find it quite flat and plain, especially from the facial area. It's face could be a lot rounder I think. Also you only used quartz blocks for the white fur which I think could have some variation with for example some of it as chiseled quartz! It's a decent build!
The parkour of your map is PRETTY GOOD. It's well varied, fun, mostly fits the difficulty, is long enough and has an appropriate amount of checkpoints. There is however some amount of difficulty bouncing, where some of the jumps fit more a Medium map. There's also one jump that I think is too difficult for a Hard map. View attachment 28137
I couldn't find a single exploit in your map which is good!

Overall I think if you manage to make the build less plain and flat and slightly improve the parkour variety and difficulty I think this map has a solid chance of being accepted!

Good luck! :)

Thank you for your advice and reply!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey superfroge :)
I'd have to somewhat disagree with Gamers as far as the build. As a big Naruto fan, I love Akamaru, and I was pretty excited to see someone picked this theme! However, I feel like some key details that make Akamaru recognizable compared to other cartoon dogs are missing. Right now he's almost a bit reminiscent of Snoopy? Let me provide a reference photo here:
I think one of the main things that make Akamaru recognizable is his thin, brown lips. They are far flatter than they appear in your build. I also think that turning the ears and making them flat to the head would increase the similarity between the two. I would also encourage you to add his hair on top somehow, since right now your build has none!
I also think generally the shape of the tail of your build is a bit...odd. It almost looks like his tail is broken :(
What I DO like about this build is the way you used heads to shape the paws. THAT is good detail work! But I almost think he has no back feet, since I only see the paws twice. I would also consider using heads to reshape the nose a bit.

Sorry if this was too harsh! As I said before, I'm just a huuuge Naruto fan and I'd love to see Akamaru in game :) Right now, your build just doesn't resemble the ninja dog much. I think you could make quite a few changes to make him more recognizable though.

Xerablade

Ratings
Hey superfroge :)
I'd have to somewhat disagree with Gamers as far as the build. As a big Naruto fan, I love Akamaru, and I was pretty excited to see someone picked this theme! However, I feel like some key details that make Akamaru recognizable compared to other cartoon dogs are missing. Right now he's almost a bit reminiscent of Snoopy? Let me provide a reference photo here:
I think one of the main things that make Akamaru recognizable is his thin, brown lips. They are far flatter than they appear in your build. I also think that turning the ears and making them flat to the head would increase the similarity between the two. I would also encourage you to add his hair on top somehow, since right now your build has none!
I also think generally the shape of the tail of your build is a bit...odd. It almost looks like his tail is broken :(
What I DO like about this build is the way you used heads to shape the paws. THAT is good detail work! But I almost think he has no back feet, since I only see the paws twice. I would also consider using heads to reshape the nose a bit.

Sorry if this was too harsh! As I said before, I'm just a huuuge Naruto fan and I'd love to see Akamaru in game :) Right now, your build just doesn't resemble the ninja dog much. I think you could make quite a few changes to make him more recognizable though.

Thank you for your review.
Here is the picture I used

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey superfroge,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. The theme is most definitely original, as we have no "Naruto" or "Akamaru" themed maps, well done! In my opinion, although the build resembles Akamaru, it's still not very good. You need to work on the simplicity and plainness of the build. The build could be way better if you utilized a wider variety of blocks (not just it all being quartz), worked harder on adding dimension to the build, and upped the detailing so it doesn't fall so flat. The PK length and difficulty do fit the hard difficulty, although a jump or two could be nerfed. My main issue with the parkour regards the repeated use of blocks such as fences and ladders. It felt repetitive to me at times. You should try to avoid similar segments and instead use a wide array of blocks/jumps to make the parkour an enjoyable and fun experience. I hope you take these words into consideration with your future maps, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.