Not open for further replies.
Ratings
/plot v DionysosITheIGod
Map : ArcadeChampion
Difficulty : INSANE Checkpoints : 4
Builders : DionysosITheIGod, 2hot4u
Tester : Tir59, MCAzertox
jumps +200
Names : M1 f/s , M1-2 l/d , M2 f/s , M2-3 l/d , M3 f/s , M3-4 l/d , M4 f/s, presky, sky (you can pratice the sky in the middle, before the double cross neo ladder)
F/s = fail safe
L/d = just retourn on cp in machine

"If you pass this map, you are a real champion"

Attachments

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Build looks great!

ALSO THIS IS MY 700TH POST WOO HOO

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey DionysosITheIGod,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Personally, I don't see this as a very original theme as we already have maps themed after an arcade machine ("Arcade") and a claw machine "TheClaw". Nevertheless, it would be incorrect to say that an arcade room as a theme is unoriginal, as it hasn't really been done before.
  • Build: Although the theme was technically original, the build itself isn't due to the similarity with builds we already have on our server ("Arcade" and "TheClaw"). Furthermore, the build itself isn't very attractive. The gigantic black box of an exterior is already very unappealing but the machines in the interior feel very simple and awkwardly situated. And the floating pk didn't do it any favors.
  • Parkour: The parkour was the main reason this map was rejected (although the build has to be fixed). For starters, it was way too long which wouldn't be a problem typically had it been properly executed. This brings me on to my next two points: poor checkpoint placement and parkour composition. It is unreasonable to have 4 checkpoints for a 200+ jump map. That's nearing the realm of impossibility for most of our parkourers. You must place checkpoints that make your parkour both difficult and forgiving/doable. Furthermore, the composition of this parkour itself was annoying and repetitive. It felt like the main priority was to put as many difficult jumps as possible instead of creating enjoyably challenging parkour. Take all of these things for example: Unnecessary cobweb neos, all of the ladders in the first room of the map where the 2nd cp is found, the enchantment table section, the overabundance of consecutive panes/brewing stands in the claw room. These are only a couple of examples of what really made me dislike the parkour but it speaks volumes of the faults contained within it. And there were also issues with directions, the map needs a lot of more signs (the end is an example of this). The parkour has to be reworked.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.