Rejected Biome themed parkour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitey_gurl1

Donator
Ratings
7 2
Hey guys :D, I've built a biome parkour (easy)
I hope you guys like it.
It has about 38 jumps and 3 checkpoints
To get to my parkour just type
/plot visit caitey_gurl1 5
Dont mind my gems x'D
Sorry guys I cant upload all of the pictures so just visit my plot to see it.

Kind regards Caitey/Cait
2015-10-27_18.56.12.png

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Hey, Waffle here! I wanna give some feed back on your map.

Pros -

I think this has the potential to be a really good map.
I like how you included the mushroom biome, which a lot of biome parkours have not.

Cons -

The islands, or "biomes" are just flat platforms, with a bit of stuff on them. Maybe add more detail to the islands, and the surrounding area.
Following the previous comment, maybe have the island come into a peak, instead of them just have a flat bottom.
Maybe add a bit more to the jumps them selves, and incorporate the islands/biomes more, as your only on them for like 2 seconds. Maybe have the players have to do a certain parkour on each one.

Best of luck! -Wafflethecat

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Hello, My name is Tenshi and I am here to give you some tips about your parkour map.
Firstly, Theme.
This map seems to have an unclear theme, and Im here to help you understand that. A Biome parkour like this, Is not something we are looking for on parkour. It lacks both design and contrast, along with some of the parkour itself.
When building a parkour, Keep this in mind. Color and planning will always help you.
Take a look at this design for example.

The reason this looks beautiful is because of the design and blueprinting that went into it. For example, The sandstone and water blocks give off the feel of an Oasis, And the dim and bright colors blend well with each other. Knowing how and what colors and blocks work well together, will help you always.

Secondly, Parkour.
View this thread here for help with jumps: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tive-mode/369499-parkour-creation-tips-tricks

Thirdly, Rank.
( I have no comments here, Refer to my Theme comment )

Thank you for taking time to create a map, Ill let @Nixi and @Pud96 give you some advice.
Best Regards,
Tenshi.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Your map has been rejected!

Reasons for this include:

• You barely use any of the Minecraft Biomes in your map. Desert, Cave, Tundra, Mushroom and Plains. What about the various forests, the mountains, an ocean biome with some water parkour, ice spikes, Mesa, Village, etc. You do what most map makers do and stop with all the boring over used biomes.
  • The map is very flat and wraps around itself too far to be able to be imported to parkour safely. The finish point of a map must always be near the middle, or to the opposite side of where the start is.
  • There is little detail, save for the starting platform.
Remember, you can always submit new maps at a later date.

~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.