Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBird552

VIP
BlackBird552
BlackBird552
VIP
Ratings
Played it myself, and even tho I always try to stay as positive and supportive of a map that I playtest, I just can't say it for this map. The build is not original since the whole parkour is centered around a 2d minecraft skin, which is very overused in terms of being a skin, as well as in terms of it being a pixel art, which leaves the map without a proper theme. The jumps themselves don't have a lot of flow to them and variety doesn't change much. It all feels like ladders, neo's and fences (reminds me of old PK maps like House).

Overall I see this map as a reject. The best way to increase the odds of it getting accepted is to redo the whole map. Include some unique jumps (different sized cocoa beans, piston/minecart mechanics, squeezes, etc.) and make the build more organic rather than a boring and overused 2d pixel art. That way your parkour can be incorporated with the build and make it much more clean. Also remember to not try making your parkour too confusing or too overdetailed. People can get lost and/or confused and it may impact their overall enjoyment of a map. I appreciate you dedicating your time to build this, and I hope to see more from you in the future. Good Luck!

As a side note, I recommend reading this guide (https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps) Helped me a lot with map building.

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
484 21
Hey,

thank you for taking the time to submit this map. sadly your map got REJECTED.
Your map doesn't seem to have a recognizable theme.

The build is also not executed well; its very simple and it's hard to see what it is. Have a main build which isn't pixel art to path your parkour around so that you do not have floating parkour.

For the parkour, it's very repetitive as you only have a small sample of variation. it doesn't fit the chosen difficulty well and your parkour is floating or unattached to the main build. I'd advice you too look at more recent accepted maps and use the guide with requirements on the wiki: https://manacube.wiki/en/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps

I hope to see more of you in the future!
CheesyPeanutxl

Status
Not open for further replies.