Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey SacredPvP!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Thanks for asking me to! Remember that my opinion has no effect whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this map has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme of your map is OKAY since while there are many amusement park related builds, I don't think there is one about a carousel. (I could be wrong, if someone knows there is and I'm wrong please correct me.) It should be fine!

The build of your map is GREAT since it has a lot of details and it's very recognizable as a carousel. Props to the builder, they did a good job!

The parkour of your map is OKAY. It's well varied fun, of correct length and it has a viable amount of checkpoints. However I think this level is TOO HARD for an Expert map. The difficulty is kind of between Expert and Insane, but the level is too short to be an Insane so I recommend you to nerf some parts. There aren't many jumps that I specifically think should be changed but here's the ones I think need to be adjusted.
2020-05-12_21.13.06.png

This jump is more suited for an Insane map (Bed to ladder)
2020-05-12_21.19.21.png

This jump isn't very hard but it's tricky and after a long checkpoint. I think you should add an extra checkpoint between the one inside the carousel thing and the one above the carousel. It's a very long checkpoint and a really difficult one too.

There's also an exploit in the map that allows you to skip almost half of the entire level.
2020-05-12_21.13.39.png

You can jump on the barrier block that is supposed to prevent this exploit from working by doing an X facing single neup. Simply adding another barrier above the lower one will fix this. From there you can jump on the lamps all the way to the last horse and then on the carousel, effectively skipping two of the horses and the inside part.

Overall I think if you fix up the parkour to be easier than it is right now by adding checkpoints and easening some of the jump and if you fix this exploit I think this map has a great chance of being accepted!

Good luck! :D

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think this map could be accepted as an Insane. The parkour length and difficulty is definitely suited for Insane rather than Expert. Good luck.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I think this map could be accepted as an Insane. The parkour length and difficulty is definitely suited for Insane rather than Expert. Good luck.
I can see a map with 91 jumps being accepted as an Insane map, but it is quite a low amount. I (note, I) also think the map is not quite there to be an Insane! Maybe I'm wrong! But perhaps the low amount of checkpoints makes up for it!

ILeftTheGame_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
ELITE
Ratings
383 3
Hey SacredPvP!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Thanks for asking me to! Remember that my opinion has no effect whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this map has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme of your map is OKAY since while there are many amusement park related builds, I don't think there is one about a carousel. (I could be wrong, if someone knows there is and I'm wrong please correct me.) It should be fine!

The build of your map is GREAT since it has a lot of details and it's very recognizable as a carousel. Props to the builder, they did a good job!

The parkour of your map is OKAY. It's well varied fun, of correct length and it has a viable amount of checkpoints. However I think this level is TOO HARD for an Expert map. The difficulty is kind of between Expert and Insane, but the level is too short to be an Insane so I recommend you to nerf some parts. There aren't many jumps that I specifically think should be changed but here's the ones I think need to be adjusted. View attachment 27993
This jump is more suited for an Insane map (Bed to ladder) View attachment 27994
This jump isn't very hard but it's tricky and after a long checkpoint. I think you should add an extra checkpoint between the one inside the carousel thing and the one above the carousel. It's a very long checkpoint and a really difficult one too.

There's also an exploit in the map that allows you to skip almost half of the entire level. View attachment 27998
You can jump on the barrier block that is supposed to prevent this exploit from working by doing an X facing single neup. Simply adding another barrier above the lower one will fix this. From there you can jump on the lamps all the way to the last horse and then on the carousel, effectively skipping two of the horses and the inside part.

Overall I think if you fix up the parkour to be easier than it is right now by adding checkpoints and easening some of the jump and if you fix this exploit I think this map has a great chance of being accepted!

Good luck! :D
I fixed the exploit, and I also found another one that I fixed, the funny thing is that i thought this map was to easy for an expert so I removed one of the checkpoints that was in the map :D, anyways ty for your feedback

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I can see a map with 91 jumps being accepted as an Insane map, but it is quite a low amount. I (note, I) also think the map is not quite there to be an Insane! Maybe I'm wrong! But perhaps the low amount of checkpoints makes up for it!
I haven't tested the map, but 90 jumps is definitely suitable for Insane, not to mention that the map-making community is trying for slightly easier, more balanced and shorter courses in general.

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
352 6
Hello Sacred,

Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map for the following reasons:

The theme for your map is original, as there are no Carousel maps so point on that.

The build for your map is fairly decent, the horses for the carousel can be improved and done in a scaled way so it looks more realistic to the player's view, and adding details to the build.

The parkour for your map was not good, it was too long for an expert and some jumps did not fit the difficulty, plus almost the first 20 jumps were floating stick into the carousel, which made it look boring and harder, as all those jumps were corner jumps, meaning you would have to shift to achieve those jumps.
I’d suggest making it an easier difficulty so there does not need to be a lot of messiness on the map and may also be easier to achieve as one of the first maps done.

I’ll check your resubmission if you decide to do one, I truly recommend you to change those things I pointed about and re-submit this map.

If you have any questions regarding your map or submissions in general, please contact me on Discord, my name is fau#1734, or start a conversation with me on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.