Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Funish
Map:Chicken and Eggs
Plot: #2
2020-04-29_21.13.03.png

2020-04-29_21.14.03.png
2020-04-29_21.13.39.png

Heres my nice little simple eggs map. I called this because you need to parkour on the eggs to get to the top of the chicken. Just trying to make a nice easy map that has a cute chicken.
Warp: /visit Funish 2
Difficulty: Easy

Attachments

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Funish,

This is not your official map review, I am merely giving you some feedback. In the future, make sure to read the map submission requirements found here: https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ . By following these requirements you will further your chances of your map being submitted. On to the theme of the map: it's not original. We already have the medium maps called "Eggs" and "Chicken" on the server. Both of these resembling your theme and build. The build is simple, doesn't look like the theme, and unattractive. You have to make sure your build looks like what you're going for. The "eggs" weren't even the central focus and lacked detail. And, it was mostly floating. The PK length and difficulty fit the easy difficulty, but, lacked variation and it was incredibly linear. By using different blocks//jumps you elevate your maps and make the experience incredibly more enjoyable for the player. I hope you take these things into consideration in the future, good luck!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, first of all, this is just some of my personal feedback and I will be reviewing your updated version after you made some of your changes on your ManaCube parkour map submission. If I criticize you please don't take it seriously as I just want to help you improve on your map submission. First of all for the warp/location to your plot its easier if you just type the full teleport command, you just did /visit Funish 2 which actually doesn't work/is an incorrect command, I would just suggest changing it to (/plot v Funish 2) Makes it easier for map judges to check on your map :)

Originality ~ Sadly I've seen a few chicken map submissions on parkour before so sadly your idea is not creative/original which would make it quite a struggle to get accepted, I suggest revamping your build to make it more unique and different from others, will most likely up your chances of being accepted.

Details ~ One of the most important parts about a map submission second to the actual parkour, your map always needs to look fairly decent. Sadly your map doesn't really contain much detail at all and I definitely believe that you can improve your submission by just making some changes here and there, possibly making the clouds more detailed, adding some colorful blocks, making the chicken bigger/more detailed, (just some of my personal suggestions for your map submission).

Block Variety ~ First thing I noticed when I teleported to your build on parkour is that your parkour is pretty simple and doesn't really have much variety, I mean you got a slime block jump and a few fences jumps here and there but there's definitely many ways that you can make your map more interesting. I would suggest adding some head hitting blocks, soul sand jumps, enchantment table jumps, ladder jumps, and the rest is up to your determination and imagination!

Difficulty ~ Personally even for an EASY map your build doesn't have that many jumps, I quickly realized that you have a handful of quite hard/infuriating jumps that would be commonly used for medium/hard maps instead, for example, the strafe jump around the chickens head seemed like a quite hard jump, just my personal experience :)

Best of luck on your map submission! :)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Funish,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a map with the same theme (Chicken.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is accurate to what you were trying to build, so good job on that! However, the build is quite plain with the use of wool, so please try to incorporate different types of blocks into your build to give it more variety!
The parkour is also quite repetitive throughout with the use of fences. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! This may include; heads, flower pots, vines, pistons, and many more types of jumps! Overall, the length of the course and difficulty of the jumps do fit the easy difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.