Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So, I recently just unlocked chickens... I go on /ah and buy myself some pig spawners that were a decent price. Buttt... Idk how to build an auto chicken farm... and I also want chickens for just eggs. I looked on the internet, but with the way the mob stacking is, a lot of them wouldn't work. (Also the spawner stacking is a pain...) I have an auto pig farm that works some of the time, (still trying to figure that one out) but the chickens have less health than pigs and would die as soon as they hit the lava causing their drops to burn. In another tutorial, the chickens stood on a half slab with lava placed overtop of it. Underneath the half slab was a hopper to pick up the chicken drops. But it doesn't work in this case because chickens will only spawn on grass within a two block radius. Sooo... I'm kinda out of ideas now... I would love to hear what you guys think!!

Ratings
So, I recently just unlocked chickens... I go on /ah and buy myself some pig spawners that were a decent price. Buttt... Idk how to build an auto chicken farm... and I also want chickens for just eggs. I looked on the internet, but with the way the mob stacking is, a lot of them wouldn't work. (Also the spawner stacking is a pain...) I have an auto pig farm that works some of the time, (still trying to figure that one out) but the chickens have less health than pigs and would die as soon as they hit the lava causing their drops to burn. In another tutorial, the chickens stood on a half slab with lava placed overtop of it. Underneath the half slab was a hopper to pick up the chicken drops. But it doesn't work in this case because chickens will only spawn on grass within a two block radius. Sooo... I'm kinda out of ideas now... I would love to hear what you guys think!!
Yeah, I don’t know what to do about this. Maybe put carpet above lava? Then again you would need to collect it yourself. Keep trying, I’m sure you’ll be able to figure it out :D

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Honestly... at this point I don't rlly know if there's a way to farm chickens efficiently using redstone or automation... bcuz of the spawner stacking and mob stacking. It's easier to just place spawners normally. like free range or in a pen.

Ratings
Honestly... at this point I don't rlly know if there's a way to farm chickens efficiently using redstone or automation... bcuz of the spawner stacking and mob stacking. It's easier to just place spawners normally. like free range or in a pen.
I feel like you might just have to do what they did in the old Minecraft days and just put a spawner in a fence and hope they all eventually drop eggs. :/

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
haha... yeah, but I feel like sometimes the stacking messes up the chicken mechanics? If that's even a thing... I mean like, stacked mobs don't act like normal mobs. They can't move, they don't have AI.

Ratings
haha... yeah, but I feel like sometimes the stacking messes up the chicken mechanics? If that's even a thing... I mean like, stacked mobs don't act like normal mobs. They can't move, they don't have AI.
Oh yeah, that's pretty inconvenient. Unless it's a mob that you're trying to loot from by simply going on a killing spree XD