Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Builders: GreasyController, xX_SacredPvp_Xx, SpiroTech, druiditbeau
Map Name: ClassTrialRoom (Based off of the Trial Rooms from Danganronpa)
Difficulty: Insane
Number of Jumps: 100
Plot Warp: /plot v GreasyController
Photos:

ILeftTheGame_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
ELITE
Ratings
383 3
Thank you so much for letting me make the parkour, really hope it gets accepted. Good luck!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Woah sir nice build

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Oh I remember seeing the build for this map before the parkour was built like months ago. Very cool

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
It's a nice build lofi! Proud of you :) Parkour was also enjoyable

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Really cool build although it felt very empty, but its pretty accurate which is good.

Parkour wasn't that good though, many jumps felt like they were there for the sake of variation which made it pretty unenjoyable.
It ooks very bad aswell, you could use better blocks to blend in with the build. I also don't like the fact that all of the parkour was just hugging the walls, sure it looks clean but the parkour didn't feel special in any way. It made everything feel the same the whole map through.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I gotta agree with everything Pres said. The Parkour could be a lot better. The way it is hugging walls the whole time gets incredibly boring very fast, and I couldn't even bother to play the whole map start to finish. There's just nothing that really stands out in the Parkour, and it's not enjoyable to play. The fact that the Parkour isn't the easiest ever does not help this issue a lot, the Parkour is pretty hard, forcing to play the parts again and again.

I would suggest that you go through the map and add some different Parkour to it that doesn't hug walls the whole time. I understand that it might be hard, but it's better than having a map that isn't enjoyable to play :)

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Really cool build although it felt very empty, but its pretty accurate which is good.

Parkour wasn't that good though, many jumps felt like they were there for the sake of variation which made it pretty unenjoyable.
It ooks very bad aswell, you could use better blocks to blend in with the build. I also don't like the fact that all of the parkour was just hugging the walls, sure it looks clean but the parkour didn't feel special in any way. It made everything feel the same the whole map through.
I gotta agree with everything Pres said. The Parkour could be a lot better. The way it is hugging walls the whole time gets incredibly boring very fast, and I couldn't even bother to play the whole map start to finish. There's just nothing that really stands out in the Parkour, and it's not enjoyable to play. The fact that the Parkour isn't the easiest ever does not help this issue a lot, the Parkour is pretty hard, forcing to play the parts again and again.

I would suggest that you go through the map and add some different Parkour to it that doesn't hug walls the whole time. I understand that it might be hard, but it's better than having a map that isn't enjoyable to play :)
Thank you both for the feedback/criticism, it's always super helpful. Considering it's been a while since I submitted this, I might wait until I have received a map judges response before I put in these things. If it gets accepted, then sweet, but otherwise I'll add in those changes for when/if I resubmit it.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi Lofi, Sacred, Ben, and Druid,

I will be putting this map into Ongoing. This means that your map has undergone a primary review by a map judge, and is ready to be reviewed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process, as it can take a few days for us to reach a final decision on your map.

If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to message me on Discord.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey folks,

I will be putting this map into reviewing. This means that there are aspects of your map that are really good, but there are problems with the map that will need to be remedied before the map can be fully accepted. You will have until February 13th, 2021 to make the needed changes to the map before it will be automatically rejected.

The theme is original, I do believe this is the first Danganropna map on ManaCube, so good job coming up with a new theme! The build is also excellent, it is super accurate to the Class Trial Room from the show and is easily recognizable. The one thing that could be added and would be nice to see is some organics to fill the middle of the build. Looking at reference photos the room is always empty, but either putting some parkour (which I will discuss) or some addition to the build on the floor would be optimal to make the center feel less empty.

The parkour is the main reason this map is in reviewing. The majority of the judges felt the map was on the easier side of the insane difficulty, but most of the parkour is a bit TOO easy for the insane difficulty and is relatively easy to one shot (and therefore farm). The parkour feels pretty repetitive for the most part as well, as the parkour hugs the wall for almost the entire map. A way to remedy this (and perhaps the build feeling empty in the middle) would be to add parkour onto portions of the floor. In addition, the checkpoint distribution of the map is not consistent and should be revised.

Thank you for submitting this map! Let me know if you have questions, and message me on Discord when revision are made so the map can be looked at once again.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey all,

Thank you for making the needed changes to the map! It is now being accepted. I did make a few tweaks since the last time I talked with Lofi, but they were more for changing checkpoint placement on the map so a few jumps are more forgiving. Hope to see more maps from you all soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.