Crucial Problem w/ Factions

Faction Fly only in Faction Territory?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ratings
4 16
Fly needs to be customized where it's only usable in Faction Territory. Flying around before PvP, then flying out and shit is so stupid.
It needs to be able to be used in faction territory only and gets disabled when an enemy is nearby, for example. And also of course when in PvP.

I'm literally flying around with these morons trying to hit someone, get a hit, fall and die. And if I manage to make it out alive then the process simply restarts from the beginning. This is extremely overpowered for factions with a lot of heads.

Also, there's warps that don't have a time cooldown so kids just TP there and get out of the fight easy asf. The only one I know is warp crates, not sure if there are others.

Jushua

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Jushua
Jushua
ELITE
Ratings
160 5
I personally don't like this update. How will anyone be able to find bases in wilderness just running around in a 10kx10k world. Its massive.

Harryyysan

ELITE
Harryyysan
Harryyysan
ELITE
Ratings
68 17
"quality over quantity" you are very egotistical my good sir, your opinion means less if anything, as all other replies on this thread including mine come from the season one winners and if you wanna play the weight of a vote your opinion would therefore mean nothing compared to ours. it is a joke that staff listen to your suggestions after coming on the server for less than a week.

Ratings
3 3
in all honesty i bought a rank to fly and only be able to fly and that is what i paid for and now not having it i didnt pay 60 bucks for a mvp kit. i like the idea of not flying in territories but not in wilderness

GodlyGaming_OP

ELITE
Godly_op
Godly_op
ELITE
Ratings
I don’t like this update because it generally doesn’t make sense. It’s a huge world and now we can’t even fly around it?? In enemy territory I guess it’s ok, like someone else said. But, for us to not be allowed to fly in wild and neutral territory is very unnecessary. Also, if you look at the poll, there is 1 vote for yes on doing this and 7 for no. This means that the majority of people who ACTUALLY PLAY FACTIONS disagree with this. Factions Staff, I think that you should look into changing this rule because what Dremlock suggested is unnecessary and honestly not very smart. Also, like what Dank said earlier, 1 forum post and 1 staff agreeing shouldn’t make the rule. Also, like Stainage said about being able to fly infinitely in the wild is some people’s reason behind buying a rank and spending money on this, but for you guys to take this away is sort of going against what the Rank says you get when you buy it. Could the factions staff please, please look into changing this unnecessary change.

From Godly :)

Ratings
4 16
"quality over quantity" you are very egotistical my good sir, your opinion means less if anything, as all other replies on this thread including mine come from the season one winners and if you wanna play the weight of a vote your opinion would therefore mean nothing compared to ours. it is a joke that staff listen to your suggestions after coming on the server for less than a week.
If I saw you I guarantee I'd laugh then smack you in the head.

I've been playing Factions since it was first released on servers that were 1.5
Name any successful Factions server from the past, I'm sure I've played it. Archon, Woodycraft, Desteria, Origin, Vortex, MythCraft, shall I continue?

I've had the pleasure of experiencing each and every server for numerous months, if not a couple years. It's not a matter of the short time I've been on this server, it's about my experience. I've seen what has failed, and I've seen what has triumphed.

If you're going to sit there and be a keyboard warrior at least pull out some facts and stats from season 1 manacube factions that distinctly proves this flying anywhere shit was enjoyed by a large percentage of the community.

Last edited:

GodlyGaming_OP

ELITE
Godly_op
Godly_op
ELITE
Ratings
If I saw you I guarantee I'd laugh then smack you in the head.

I've been playing Factions since it was first released on servers that were 1.5
Name any successful Factions server from the past, I'm sure I've played it. Archon, Woodycraft, Desteria, Origin, Vortex, MythCraft, shall I continue?

I've had the pleasure of experiencing each and every server for numerous months, if not a couple years. It's not a matter of the short time I've been on this server, it's for the greater good of the server's future. I've seen what has failed, and I've seen what has triumphed.

If you're going to sit there and be a keyboard warrior at least pull out some facts and stats from season 1 manacube factions that distinctly proves this flying anywhere shit was enjoyed by a large percentage of the community.
lol are you replying to me or harry

Ratings
4 16
Nontheless I've been involved in high tier management and coordination of Factions servers. Mainly Origin and Archon most recently.
I strictly recall having the ability to fly literally anywhere prevented numerous concepts of Factions, main one being PvP. It's already enough to have /fly when you're base building. That's like technology advancing. You'll have new products and services, but you can't change something that critcally affects the core aspect of the product/service. Then it's a whole different thing. It doesn't feel like Factions when I'm forced to attempt to attack players in the air, eventually achieve a ground fight, it stalls, they get out of combat and fly around again.

BestDiamondAxe

ELITE
jTogglesAura
jTogglesAura
ELITE
Ratings
32 9
Lol f top 70 with a claim near the borders suggesting to disable fly in wild. idk whats funnier, the fact that you used fly to get your claim, or staff lessoning to some headass with less than a week on the server.

BestDiamondAxe

ELITE
jTogglesAura
jTogglesAura
ELITE
Ratings
32 9
Nontheless I've been involved in high tier management and coordination of Factions servers. Mainly Origin and Archon most recently.
I strictly recall having the ability to fly literally anywhere prevented numerous concepts of Factions, main one being PvP. It's already enough to have /fly when you're base building. That's like technology advancing. You'll have new products and services, but you can't change something that critcally affects the core aspect of the product/service. Then it's a whole different thing. It doesn't feel like Factions when I'm forced to attempt to attack players in the air, eventually achieve a ground fight, it stalls, they get out of combat and fly around again.
The use of fly isn't to attack players.. that's what enderpearls are for. Nice cords btw LMAO

Ratings
4 16
At the end of the day I'm always open to change. For example, in literally any other game, think of an update where everyone complains and is pessimistic about it, but it actually ends up being quality, if not better than the previous version/gun/etc.

At the moment clearly there's a few people that are upset with the new update, but give it a shot and try it out. Make sure to find yourself in a variety of different scenarios that will ultimately create a more clear opinion of the update, rather than being negative right off the rip; I can assure you there's a solid chance you'll like it better if you keep an open mind.
(IE: Go for a raid, PvP, etc and see how the gameplay differs)

BestDiamondAxe

ELITE
jTogglesAura
jTogglesAura
ELITE
Ratings
32 9
At the end of the day I'm always open to change. For example, in literally any other game, think of an update where everyone complains and is pessimistic about it
You mean this update of no fly in wild?

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
It seems I’ve misunderstood the original suggestion, but I think I understand now. Personally, I thought you meant disabling PvP when in combat (so that both players will fall - not just the one who is hit) - I don’t play factions often, and avoid PvP as much as possible (I admit, I am laughably bad), so I’m not sure if it works like this or not currently, but from what I read in the original suggestion, I assumed that wasn’t the case.

Since Factions is essentially a mix of Survival & Kit, I can obviously see why PvP is enabled, and on the same coin I can also see why Fly is enabled.

I don’t think fly should be disabled in the wilderness at all, as it’s certainly practical - but if you hit someone/get hit, I think it’s fair for both players to lose their flight. If dying from fall damage is a concern; it could possibly be disabled when players are disabling flight (combat-tagged), or you could fly at a reasonable height, not too far off the ground or above water.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though! Like I said, I’m not an avid factions player - just wanted to explain my reaction/thoughts.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
I didn't do buffers. And there's nearly no point to have chunk buffer rules since nearly all cannons now shoot up to 60+. Impossible to balance out the offense on Factions.
I dOnT LiKE thE rUlES sO i WoNT fOLlOw thEm

If you ACTUALLY knew anything about factions, you would know all half decent servers have a chunk buffer limit - it’s literally listed in the rules you can’t have more than 20 chunks. And clearly you’re completely ignorant to what a chunk buffer is - it’s the number of chunks you’re allowed to have defense in. Please learn about factions before preaching to others to, and maybe follow the rules as well.