Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Once again, way too difficult for medium. Didn't the sign at the start of the map say Hard? I tested the pk assuming it was a short Hard lmao

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Once again, way too difficult for medium. Didn't the sign at the start of the map say Hard? I tested the pk assuming it was a short Hard lmao
oh gosh tas spotting my mistakes, what would I do without you, It is indeed a hard! been building too many mediums lately!

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Smxthie, Quinny, Des and casey!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion has no effect on the final judgement of the map. If the Map Judges disagree with me, they will go by their own thoughts.

Firstly the THEME of your map. Now there are a lot of maps based on Animal Crossing already (examples AnimalCrossing, TomNook, Hopkins) but there are no maps based off of this character. To me it is an original map submission, well done!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. After looking at a couple reference pictures of how the character looks in the game, I think you captured her appearance really well! It really looks like the original character, no complaints on the build well done!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. I found it really enjoyable to play. Your parkour had great variation, and good block choices that the build didn't look messy but it was fun to play! The parkour fit the Hard difficulty well, and even if the length is on the shorter side, it shouldn't be too big of a problem because the map is so enjoyable! Great work on the Parkour!

My only things to point out are that the facing of the map is wrong (Hard maps use the X facing), your end platform is colored like the Medium finish and that there is a big shortcut that skips quite a chunk! Fixing those two should be a piece of cake :) +1 from me, I really hope this gets accepted!

2020-12-08_10.46.31.png

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Because it was A MEDIUM MAP! Idk why Nick changed the difficulty if I intended it to be a medium, and I even made the amount of jumps perfect for a med too. Even though some jumps might've been difficult, many people tested the map and gave their opinions on the parkour. But, like I said, I did not intend it to be a hard map, and it is WAY too short to be hard.
I knew that if it would be a hard map, there would be too much pk on that small build and it would look messy, so I made it a medium. I can always nerf more, but I think a medium is good because for now, it is way too easy and short to be a hard.

(And also, before I made the parkour, you told me that you had too many hard maps Nick, so I made it a medium. Then I later noticed that it was even hard to make enough jumps for a medium, so I knew that making it a hard would be too difficult. I can always make changes, but please just let me know about them.)

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Because it was A MEDIUM MAP! Idk why Nick changed the difficulty if I intended it to be a medium, and I even made the amount of jumps perfect for a med too. Even though some jumps might've been difficult, many people tested the map and gave their opinions on the parkour. But, like I said, I did not intend it to be a hard map, and it is WAY too short to be hard.
I knew that if it would be a hard map, there would be too much pk on that small build and it would look messy, so I made it a medium. I can always nerf more, but I think a medium is good because for now, it is way too easy and short to be a hard.

(And also, before I made the parkour, you told me that you had too many hard maps Nick, so I made it a medium. Then I later noticed that it was even hard to make enough jumps for a medium, so I knew that making it a hard would be too difficult. I can always make changes, but please just let me know about them.)
I personally disagree with the map being too easy for a Hard. To me it is a perfect Hard map and really too difficult for a Medium. However I do agree in that I believe Des should have the right to have an impact whether or not the map is a Medium map or a Hard map because he made the Parkour. Work it out guys! :)

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Gamers, thank you for your input, but maybe when I was gone they buffed it to make it a hard map. I can't get on mc rn, but when I do, I'll check on it and see if it's still too hard to change it to a medium. If it's not, then I need to make a completely new path so that there is enough parkour for a hard map. But initially, I intended it to be a medium and everyone agreed with me that it was good.
And why did you disagree my post :(

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Gamers, thank you for your input, but maybe when I was gone they buffed it to make it a hard map. I can't get on mc rn, but when I do, I'll check on it and see if it's still too hard to change it to a medium. If it's not, then I need to make a completely new path so that there is enough parkour for a hard map. But initially, I intended it to be a medium and everyone agreed with me that it was good.
And why did you disagree my post :(
Because I don't think the map fits Medium at all. Feels a lot more like a short Hard map, in a good way :) However you are right that you should be able to decide the difficulty! If this gets accepted as a Medium, I feel like it should have been nerfed a bunch, but again it's up to you!

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
After playing through the map once more just now, my opinion is unchanged. The parkour feels much more like a Hard map, and not a Medium at all. Would make a wonderful short Hard map in my opinion! :)

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Ok but Hard maps are meant to be 60-80 jumps, and it's not even close to that. It'll be a real challenge to fit all of that parkour onto the build, which is another reason why I made it a medium. But I'll see what I can do when I come online

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Ok but Hard maps are meant to be 60-80 jumps, and it's not even close to that. It'll be a real challenge to fit all of that parkour onto the build, which is another reason why I made it a medium. But I'll see what I can do when I come online
Des just remember that jump amount is not an absolute! It is more than possible to have a Hard map this short accepted :D (Example Udon new Hard map, with 53 jumps) At least to me, if I'm wrong I will ask the Map Judges to correct me, and sincerely apologise. I don't want to spread false information!

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49

Hey, des! I thought it was a medium too but the sign on the start actually said a Hard! sorry if this was a miscommunication but a few players also said that this parkour is nice for a Hard map! so I thought I just didn't get the message!

Again sorry if it was miscommunication just a bit confusing!

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43

If you want it to be a Medium, Des, then make the parkour suit a medium. Length alone does not make a map. Yes, there are 50 jumps- roughly Medium's length and short for a Hard. But the parkour itself fits the Hard difficulty quite neatly, both in complexity and difficulty. Which do you think is more important for determining a difficulty: how long it is, or how hard it is?

You're a talented parkour player, Des, and you make good maps. But it's a very valuable skill to be able to step back and look at parkour objectively, or from the eyes of a player who has little to no parkour experience. I am lucky enough to be quite bad at parkour, so I'm a pretty decent judge of difficulty. This map is a short Hard.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
If you want it to be a Medium, Des, then make the parkour suit a medium. Length alone does not make a map. Yes, there are 50 jumps- roughly Medium's length and short for a Hard. But the parkour itself fits the Hard difficulty quite neatly, both in complexity and difficulty. Which do you think is more important for determining a difficulty: how long it is, or how hard it is?

You're a talented parkour player, Des, and you make good maps. But it's a very valuable skill to be able to step back and look at parkour objectively, or from the eyes of a player who has little to no parkour experience. I am lucky enough to be quite bad at parkour, so I'm a pretty decent judge of difficulty. This map is a short Hard.
Tas put this into words really well! The whole community has recently moved towards making maps really challenging, and a lot of players want it to change :D Being able to look from a different player's perspective and being able to see a view of how a not so experienced parkour player would do in the map is extremely important! But after all, it is all up to the Map Judges with the final judgement, our opinions do not affect! If you feel like it's a good Medium Des, then you submit it as a good medium!

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Good luck! Was fun testing it out :)

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Btw to everyone, I decided to make it a hard map now...
I was ofc wanting it to be a medium, but I was like, why not. I also added more jumps, and I buffed most of it, hopefully not making it too hard now xD. It would be really nice if you guys could test it again and then tell me which jumps might be bad. I think the best time to do this would be when I'm online tho, cause I don't want Nick to nerf some stuff lol

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I played the map again Des! After the changes you made to the Parkour, it now feels like a decently tough Hard map. I would probably nerf a few jumps, but the only really bothersome jump to me was this one
2020-12-09_08.03.33.png

This jump will be X facing if the Map gets accepted the way it is right now. :D After testing this jump in a private plot of mine, it took me many many tries to get this jump even once, and it's very inconsistent for me. If you nerf this one, this map is good to go as a tough Hard map IN MY OPINION

Good luck again :)

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
the parkour seemed really enjoyable to me as i was able to do most jumps first go, although probs just got lucky cos im usually utter trash. the cactus jump isnt to bad but would probably be pretty annoying for newer players.
Did you try it X facing? It will be X if the map gets accepted :) I built it in my 5th plot

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
I played the map again Des! After the changes you made to the Parkour, it now feels like a decently tough Hard map. I would probably nerf a few jumps, but the only really bothersome jump to me was this one
View attachment 40599
This jump will be X facing if the Map gets accepted the way it is right now. :D After testing this jump in a private plot of mine, it took me many many tries to get this jump even once, and it's very inconsistent for me. If you nerf this one, this map is good to go as a tough Hard map IN MY OPINION

Good luck again :)
approx z= .250-.255 on back left edge and around 55.5-56 degrees, just fm run for one tick when landing and then just turn a bit once u jump.
seems relatively consitent for me

Status
Not open for further replies.