2020-05-13_17.00.46.png
2020-05-13_17.00.51.png
2020-05-13_17.01.05.png
2020-05-13_17.01.12.png
2020-05-13_17.01.16.png
2020-05-13_17.01.22.png
2020-05-13_17.01.36.png
2020-05-13_17.05.15.png

PS: The inside of the dice look a little crazy in the photos but it's easier to see in-game.

Swag

ELITE
n8z
n8z
ELITE
Ratings
8 3
Hello.
Before I get started with my personal review, I would like to say that I am only a player of the community, and my opinion doesn't go into account for whether it gets accepted or not. I also don't want to hurt your feelings in any way, I am just giving feedback for you to use in the future.

Here goes.

First of all, the theme is great, as I don't think it has been done before, and I cannot find any map on the theme. Good Job!

Second of all, the build. The build is quite nice and suits its theme very well, and on the inside, it looks like the blocks in the wall are actually real blocks, but it's just a 3d illusion. Pretty Cool!

Lastly, The parkour. The parkour, in my opinion, is quite boring, as it is only block jumps and ladders. You can add things like single water sources, enchantment tables, flower pots, vines, chests, anvils, pistons and a few more. I counted 38 Jumps and 2 Checkpoints. Pretty nice amount for an easy map. Also, there were way too many air jumps. For example, there were quite a few going from the start to the dice, and from the dice to the finish. What I mean by air jump is that there are jumps not connected to a main build. I recommend you should've made the dice a bit bigger and put the entirety of the jumps on that.

Thanks,
SwagifiedGorilla.

Feel free to ask me any questions on the forums or if I'm online.

Ratings
Hello.
Before I get started with my personal review, I would like to say that I am only a player of the community, and my opinion doesn't go into account for whether it gets accepted or not. I also don't want to hurt your feelings in any way, I am just giving feedback for you to use in the future.

Here goes.

First of all, the theme is great, as I don't think it has been done before, and I cannot find any map on the theme. Good Job!

Second of all, the build. The build is quite nice and suits its theme very well, and on the inside, it looks like the blocks in the wall are actually real blocks, but it's just a 3d illusion. Pretty Cool!

Lastly, The parkour. The parkour, in my opinion, is quite boring, as it is only block jumps and ladders. You can add things like single water sources, enchantment tables, flower pots, vines, chests, anvils, pistons and a few more. I counted 38 Jumps and 2 Checkpoints. Pretty nice amount for an easy map. Also, there were way too many air jumps. For example, there were quite a few going from the start to the dice, and from the dice to the finish. What I mean by air jump is that there are jumps not connected to a main build. I recommend you should've made the dice a bit bigger and put the entirety of the jumps on that.

Thanks,
SwagifiedGorilla.

Feel free to ask me any questions on the forums or if I'm online.
Thanks for the feedback! This is my first build so I'm just testing the waters.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: For the detail, unfortunately, in my opinion, your parkour map submission is really lacking in it, your build is quite simple but there's nothing much that really stands out if you get what I mean, It's good to see that you made the little dice but it's still pretty simple in my opinion, for the parkour theme, I'm not certain but I haven't seen a dice parkour map before so good job on that.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the parkour variety your parkour is very simple and doesn't really consist of any unique parkour jumps, I would suggest adding head jumps, soul sand/ice jumps, cactus jumps, water jumps, etc. For the difficulty, it somewhat matches that of an EASY map so good job.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey RCS05!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please note that I am only a casual player and my opinion has no effect on whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this level is sadly going to be REJECTED and here's why!

The theme of your map is GREAT since I don't think there are any other "Dice" maps. I could be wrong though, so please someone correct me if I am wrong! Great job on the theme!
The build of your map is OKAY. It's definitely recognizable as Dices which is good. However I think the build is kinda boring and plain, and there could be more added to it. Decent build!
The parkour of your map is NOT GREAT. It fits the easy difficulty well, is of an appropriate length and also has enough checkpoints. However the parkour is uninteresting since you mostly only used regular jumps, ladder jumps and head hitters. Try to add more to the parkour, this can be flower pot jumps, enchantment table jumps, water, lava, bed jumps, snow jumps. anvil jumps and much more! The parkour is also floating on the outside which makes the map look messy.

Overall I think the build could be improved and the parkour could use a complete revisit.

Good luck :) Remember my opinion doesn't affect whether the map gets accepted or not.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello RCS05,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we currently do not have any maps relating to dice, so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you were going for. I do, however, agree with the above comment that it is a bit plain. I recommend using different types of blocks throughout the entire build, as well as maybe using some different types of dice!
The parkour is quite repetitive throughout with regular wool jumps and ladders. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! This may include: fences, water, lava, vines, heads, cake, flower pots, and many more different types of jumps! The parkour is also floating quite a bit (meaning it isn't attached to the main build) which makes it appear messy. The length of the parkour and difficulty of the jumps both fit the easy difficulty quite nicely, so well done!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.