Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskanFire

MVP+
Ratings
  • Username: spacemangreg81
  • Map name: Envoy Drop
  • Photos of your Parkour:
    (Screenshots may or may not have appeared on your screen, if so, feel free to visit my plot!)
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot visit spacemangreg81 4
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): Easy
  • Number of jumps (Optional): 33 jumps and 3 checkpoints

Last edited:

peachay

Dedicated Member
Ratings
105 9
Hi there,
First of all, I really like this map. The theme is original as a cannot recall seeing one similar/the same, and although it is simple, the design is effective and overall looks attractive. Furthermore, I enjoyed doing the parkour a lot, there were a good variety of jumps. But however, there are a lot of barriers and that was pretty annoying, but I do understand why they are needed in a map.
Moreover I will be giving this map a +1 , I really hope to see it accepted.
Good luck! :)

AlaskanFire

MVP+
Ratings
Hi there,
First of all, I really like this map. The theme is original as a cannot recall seeing one similar/the same, and although it is simple, the design is effective and overall looks attractive. Furthermore, I enjoyed doing the parkour a lot, there were a good variety of jumps. But however, there are a lot of barriers and that was pretty annoying, but I do understand why they are needed in a map.
Moreover I will be giving this map a +1 , I really hope to see it accepted.
Good luck! :)
Thank you for taking the time to write a clear and concise review! The reason for the barriers, were that there were a lot of skips to the map as it's centered around the present, and not the balloon on the top. Without the barriers, this course would be pretty cheatable. :p

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
-1 the reason was stated above but its to hard for an easy in my opinion. and it also just looks like a present with a parachute on top so that's what i dont like about it either.

AlaskanFire

MVP+
Ratings
-1 the reason was stated above but its to hard for an easy in my opinion. and it also just looks like a present with a parachute on top so that's what i dont like about it either.
Hey Noah,

For the reason stated above, I also explained why I had to but that many barriers because of the amount of exploits/shortcuts found.
What I was aiming for was it to look like a parachute with a present on the bottom. :p That's why it "just looks like a present with a parachute on top"...
It's called an envoy because of that. Here is a picture of what I built, hope that clears things up a bit:

As for the map difficulty: I think it's up to the Map Judges as per what difficulty a course fits.

When you say it's too hard for an easy, where are you specifically referring to? (If it's just 2 jumps that are "difficult", then I hardly think that will make a difference between a easy and a medium).
I also do like to give players a challenge when they're parkouring on this map, which in my opinion makes the parkour fun itself.

Thank you for taking the time to review my course.

Last edited:

kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
I find the build lovely and the parkour is kinda standard but good enough and I don't find it too hard, there are harder easy maps, maybe you could just add some plain signs to mark where the barriers are on the walls of the Present, but other than that nice map and would love to see it! 7.5/10 Points from me +1

AlaskanFire

MVP+
Ratings
I find the build lovely and the parkour is kinda standard but good enough and I don't find it too hard, there are harder easy maps, maybe you could just add some plain signs to mark where the barriers are on the walls of the Present, but other than that nice map and would love to see it! 7.5/10 Points from me +1
Thank you so much Kroro <3

I have taken your advice and have added some signs that indicate where the barriers have been added. As for the parkour being basic, I understand. I appreciate the time you have taken out to write me a review.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Alaskan,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.

The theme is original and interesting, good point, the build is also pretty nice ! The reason why I reject this map is the parkour. It's way too hard for an easy, but too short for a medium/hard, the parkour was also a bit repetitive and confusing, and finally, I've found 2 exploits in your map : https://prntscr.com/jyqbbp https://prntscr.com/jyqbeg
However, the parkour have some interesting jump. :p
You can resubmit if you want, if you patch the parkour, I will be happy to accept your map !

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.