2020-06-13_20.01.44.png
2020-06-13_20.01.21.png
2020-06-13_20.00.45.png

Minecraft IGN: Sarinox_Le_Derg
Map Name: Every End Ever
Plot #1
5913 x 13872 z (For proper coordinates)
Difficulty: Hard
Number of jumps: 67 jumps that can go wrong, there are more than 67 jumps in total, only counting the ones that I could see failure
4 Check points (5 if you include the start)

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hello, I have just played your map. Unfortunately, I cannot say that your map has a high chance of being accepted.

To begin, the theme chosen is highly unoriginal, as there already exists many end themed maps. Here's some good information so that you don't make this mistake again. https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/

The other issue is that manacube generally doesn't accept maps that have free floating parkour. Although I personally don't mind this, it is required that there be a main build that the parkour is attached to. Furthermore, the judges very much likes "unique jumps", meaning that the parkour needs to have interesting jumps. Your map mainly consists of basic blocks and ladder jumps, which does get repetitive. What I recommend doing is spicing up your parkour with panes, fences, cobble walls, heads, anvils, trapdoors, and other different blocks to add some more variety to your parkour. One thing to note about this, though, is to not sacrifice the look of your parkour for the sake of uniqueness. You still can make the parkour end themed while using different blocks. Consider using certain colors, and avoid blocks that generally don't fit in.
Do note that more elevation doesn't necessary mean more difficulty, due to ticks being very slow. I recommend you do some research on parkour "tiers", so you don't make the common mistake of adding in an ugly half bed into the parkour or adding a repeater on a barrier when it doesn't do anything to the difficulty. Let's just say, blocks like beds or pistons don't necessary provide more elevation difficulty if not used correctly. Understand hitboxes too. When choosing between a single head and single cobble wall, note that both the blocks have the same hitbox. A sound knowledge of parkour mechanics will generally allow you to better design parkour.

Hello, I have just played your map. Unfortunately, I cannot say that your map has a high chance of being accepted.

To begin, the theme chosen is highly unoriginal, as there already exists many end themed maps. Here's some good information so that you don't make this mistake again. https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/

The other issue is that manacube generally doesn't accept maps that have free floating parkour. Although I personally don't mind this, it is required that there be a main build that the parkour is attached to. Furthermore, the judges very much likes "unique jumps", meaning that the parkour needs to have interesting jumps. Your map mainly consists of basic blocks and ladder jumps, which does get repetitive. What I recommend doing is spicing up your parkour with panes, fences, cobble walls, heads, anvils, trapdoors, and other different blocks to add some more variety to your parkour. One thing to note about this, though, is to not sacrifice the look of your parkour for the sake of uniqueness. You still can make the parkour end themed while using different blocks. Consider using certain colors, and avoid blocks that generally don't fit in.
Do note that more elevation doesn't necessary mean more difficulty, due to ticks being very slow. I recommend you do some research on parkour "tiers", so you don't make the common mistake of adding in an ugly half bed into the parkour or adding a repeater on a barrier when it doesn't do anything to the difficulty. Let's just say, blocks like beds or pistons don't necessary provide more elevation difficulty if not used correctly. Understand hitboxes too. When choosing between a single head and single cobble wall, note that both the blocks have the same hitbox. A sound knowledge of parkour mechanics will generally allow you to better design parkour.
I will keep that in mind for my next parkour maps. Thank you for the helpful critique, and I hope to make something vastly more interesting for the server.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Sarinox,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: The "Ender" theme is such an overused theme on our server that generally we don't accept maps with it unless they add something new and fresh to the server. Since this map doesn't do that in the slightest, it's definitely unoriginal.
  • Build: The build is just not good. It's just floating jumps of different ender-themed blocks with no structure to it. There's no focus, there's no detailing, and there's nothing really except Parkour.
  • Parkour: The PK was long enough for a hard but I felt it was way way too easy, it'd fit better in the medium difficulty as a harder medium. Furthermore, the parkour was incredibly boring and repetitive to do as you didn't use a variety of blocks/jumps. There were too many identical jump segments (like just ladder jumps or block to block jumps) which proved to be a very unenjoyable experience.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.