[Factions] Wiki

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
The factions wiki is a little outdated, so I went ahead and looked it over to see what needs to be updated/added.

Changes:
  • The max faction size is 15 players and 30 alts are allowed per faction. The Faction Roster is 30 (15 members in roster + 15 in faction).
    The max factions size is now 5 with a 64 roster size.
  • default max power per player is 200
    Due to it being 5 mans, the max power/claims are 400 and not 200 now.
  • You are "unauthorized" to view the "getting started" page. Unauthorized | ManaCube Official Wiki - Google Chrome (gyazo.com)
  • Under the "useful warps" section, some of the warps have been unadded. (/warp gamble, /warp treasure, /warp vote)
  • You are "unauthorized" to view the "perks/donator perks" page. (same as above)
  • In the "unique items" page, "magic dust" needs to be removed as there is no such thing anymore.
  • In the "enchantments" page where it states:
    They can also be combined at the blacksmith, /blacksmith
    /blacksmith is disabled in-game and can only be accessed through /enchant. The NPC is also disabled.
  • You are "unauthorized" to view the "stats/leaderboards" page. (same as above)
  • in the "Tips and tricks page" where it states:
    Once you have become familiar with Factions and built yourself a base, you can make a cactus farm. Cactus farms are another common way for players to make money when starting out. The money from these farms can be invested in spawners which increase the value of your faction on /f top. If your faction buys enough spawners, you might even end up as one of the richest factions on Manacube.
    This is terrible advice, everyone knows it's cane eco.
  • You are "unauthorized" to view the "FAQ" page.
  • Update season information, currently we are on season 21 (but might as well put 22).

Clarity issues:
  • faction may have temporary truces with other factions. Factions who are “truced” may not work as a team or assist each other in any way. They may not have a permanent mutual agreement to not target each other in PvP, KOTH, or raiding.
    Maybe I'm just not reading this right, but it sounds like you CAN have a temporary "truce" for PvP and koth ect. This contradicts this statement:
    Factions are not allowed to team in KOTH, Lone Survivor Events, PvP or in the volcano.

Added:
  • "/f shard" commands added to general faction commands.
  • "/cr claim" added to player commands page. Factions is the only server where this command is a thing.
  • Add "/settings" command to the player commands page, as this was added in the latest reset.

That's everything that I could find at first glance.

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,327 82
I can confirm Elly did pass this on, but after discussing with the Factions manager we believe there ultimately isn't much point in updating the current wiki page for factions as we will be preparing to update the information again very shortly once the realm resets again.

Nothing has been confirmed yet in regards to a reset date for Factions, but as you'll likely know it is constantly resetting due to its competitive nature. It can be difficult to keep on top of factions in particular when it comes to the articles being up-to-date, but this is definitely something I will personally try to improve upon when it comes to the release of new seasons. We did recently do a re-haul of the articles for Factions just before the current season was released! (Huge thank you to Abbie, Terry & Baroom for the awesome work).

I just wanted to personally thank you as it seems you've put a lot of effort into this post and collecting all of the information together and I would rather be completely transparent than have you assume we just aren't bothering to take your points into consideration and update the information.

Have a wonderful day/night!

EDIT: I have gone and made the "unauthorized" articles public, and fixed minor errors with those, so they should now be viewable!

Last edited:

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
I can confirm Elly did pass this on, but after discussing with the Factions manager we believe there ultimately isn't much point in updating the current wiki page for factions as we will be preparing to update the information again very shortly once the realm resets again.

Nothing has been confirmed yet in regards to a reset date for Factions, but as you'll likely know it is constantly resetting due to its competitive nature. It can be difficult to keep on top of factions in particular when it comes to the articles being up-to-date, but this is definitely something I will personally try to improve upon when it comes to the release of new seasons. We did recently do a re-haul of the articles for Factions just before the current season was released! (Huge thank you to Abbie, Terry & Baroom for the awesome work).

I just wanted to personally thank you as it seems you've put a lot of effort into this post and collecting all of the information together and I would rather be completely transparent than have you assume we just aren't bothering to take your points into consideration and update the information.

Have a wonderful day/night!

EDIT: I have gone and made the "unauthorized" articles public, and fixed minor errors with those, so they should now be viewable!
I completely understand. In response to your edit, I can confirm they are viewable now, and I won't bother with minor details but the "gift cards" in the "leaderboards" section should probably be changed to cubits.
And I hope I'm not coming off as too analytical, just bored and wanted to help.

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,327 82
I completely understand. In response to your edit, I can confirm they are viewable now, and I won't bother with minor details but the "gift cards" in the "leaderboards" section should probably be changed to cubits.
And I hope I'm not coming off as too analytical, just bored and wanted to help.
Awesome! the gift cards is likely something that won't be changing anytime soon, so that can definitely be updated!

Of course not! it's always a great help when players also contribute towards the wiki as you may notice something that staff don't see. If you ever have any queries about the wiki, you can contact me here on the forums or on discord [hallowqueen#2377] - thank you for your help! ;)