Accepted Fish view PK [Easy] by Wafflethecat

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
*IMPORTANT* Yes, I know there is an underwater pk already that I worked on, I was going for something a bit different with this.

The name says it all.

Jumps: 25
Location: On my 3rd plot, fly up, its the giant water dome. (./plot visit Wafflethecat 3)
Checkpoints: 2
:p This took so long to make xD

Attachments

happyheart

YouTuber
YouTuber
Ratings
45 11
Note: I mainly give negative feedback; do not feel discouraged from making maps when you read my feedback.

This map is quite similar to the Underwater Hard PK you made some time ago. While it could be said that because it is a different diffculty from this map, it could also be said that this map is too similar to the Fish Easy map that was added a few months back.
Your map also has poor jump balancing. You have frequent 4 block jumps. One or even two are considered a lot in an easy map, but you have around 4. The placement of these jumps, which do not allow for the player to gain momentum, makes these jumps much harder. You also have a roofed jump as the very first jump; these type of roofed jumps should never enter an easy map. Lastly, there's quite a tough ladder jump that should probably be reserved for hard maps.
The water environment dynamic is interesting, but as I mentioned before, the Underwater Hard map covers this well enough, and the fish in your map are sub-par compared to the fish in the Fish Easy map.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Note: I mainly give negative feedback; do not feel discouraged from making maps when you read my feedback.

This map is quite similar to the Underwater Hard PK you made some time ago. While it could be said that because it is a different diffculty from this map, it could also be said that this map is too similar to the Fish Easy map that was added a few months back.
Your map also has poor jump balancing. You have frequent 4 block jumps. One or even two are considered a lot in an easy map, but you have around 4. The placement of these jumps, which do not allow for the player to gain momentum, makes these jumps much harder. You also have a roofed jump as the very first jump; these type of roofed jumps should never enter an easy map. Lastly, there's quite a tough ladder jump that should probably be reserved for hard maps.
The water environment dynamic is interesting, but as I mentioned before, the Underwater Hard map covers this well enough, and the fish in your map are sub-par compared to the fish in the Fish Easy map.
Hey happy, I will edit the jumps a bit, to create a more easy feel. Thank you. As for the fish, well... im not the best at animal creation xD
[DOUBLEPOST=1447217759,1447217441][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay, I have made the ladder jump easier, and I got rid of the 4 block jumps, so there should only be 2. @happyheart

Last edited:

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Hello dear parkourist! My name is Tenshi and Im going to leave you some tips and comments about your parkour.
I will also state whether or not I think it should be accepted, rejected, or reviewed.

Firstly, Theme.

I feel that this theme is clear. I like the way that you have made some cool looking fish, But the theme lacks a real theme. Can you tell me about the water on the sides?

Secondly, Parkour.
View this thread here for help with jumps: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tive-mode/369499-parkour-creation-tips-tricks

Thirdly, Rank.

This parkour would be ranked easy because of the simple jumps, But it can pull off a medium if you add a few twists to it. Easy would suit this parkour as it is. .

And Lastly, My comment.

This parkour should or should not be denied.
Reasons Why:
- It lacks detail with some of the fish
- Although you have water in it, The map doesn't feel like it mixes well with it
- The colors mix well, But I cant see a bright pink wool block going with a dark blue lapis block, You know?

Thank you for submitting a parkour, Remember that this is not a final decision. The final decision will be made by Pokezelda, or Ham562. I'll let my fellow friends
and parkour map makers, @Nixi and @Pud96 give you some comments.

Thank you for your time. If this parkour is accepted/rejected, Remember that you can always submit another parkour, at another time.

~Tenshi

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Hello dear parkourist! My name is Tenshi and Im going to leave you some tips and comments about your parkour.
I will also state whether or not I think it should be accepted, rejected, or reviewed.

Firstly, Theme.

I feel that this theme is clear. I like the way that you have made some cool looking fish, But the theme lacks a real theme. Can you tell me about the water on the sides?

Secondly, Parkour.
View this thread here for help with jumps: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tive-mode/369499-parkour-creation-tips-tricks

Thirdly, Rank.

This parkour would be ranked easy because of the simple jumps, But it can pull off a medium if you add a few twists to it. Easy would suit this parkour as it is. .

And Lastly, My comment.

Reasons Why:
- Although you have water in it, The map doesn't feel like it mixes well with it
- The colors mix well, But I cant see a bright pink wool block going with a dark blue lapis block, You know?

Thank you for submitting a parkour, Remember that this is not a final decision. The final decision will be made by Pokezelda, or Ham562. I'll let my fellow friends

Thank you for your time. If this parkour is accepted/rejected, Remember that you can always submit another parkour, at another time.

~Tenshi
Thank you for the comment, but allow me to explain. The water on the sides is because your underwater, and I feel that if I used clay it would be too similar to the other water pk I worked on.I dont see a pink wool anywhere? I will see about the fish detail. @Sans
[DOUBLEPOST=1447266252,1447265709][/DOUBLEPOST]

Firstly, Theme.

Secondly, Parkour.

Thirdly, Rank.

And Lastly, My comment.

Reasons Why:

~Tenshi
Okay, I added more detail to the fish, more noticably the orange one. I also changed the cave from sandstone to cobble and gravel, but if you think I should make it something different, or change it back let me know.

Last edited:

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Thank you for the comment, but allow me to explain. The water on the sides is because your underwater, and I feel that if I used clay it would be too similar to the other water pk I worked on.I dont see a pink wool anywhere? I will see about the fish detail. @Sans
[DOUBLEPOST=1447266252,1447265709][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay, I added more detail to the fish, more noticably the orange one. I also changed the cave from sandstone to cobble and gravel, but if you think I should make it something different, or change it back let me know.
Perhaps add some sea lanterns and maybe a Jellyfish? ( Use green stained glass for the center and go down with it, then use white glass panes for the tendrils ) :) ( I have an example of this at my skyblock island shop )

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Okay thank you. Do you mind if I use your skyblock shop as reference? Also yeah, i will add sea lanterns.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447267581][/DOUBLEPOST]
Perhaps add some sea lanterns and maybe a Jellyfish? ( Use green stained glass for the center and go down with it, then use white glass panes for the tendrils ) :) ( I have an example of this at my skyblock island shop )
Okay thank you. Do you mind if I use your skyblock shop as reference? Also yeah, I just added sea lanterns under the jumps, but if you got anywhere else I could put them please, let me know xD

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Added a jelly fish, but im not sure how good it is. Can you come check it out please :p More tendrils? Less? Different design? @Sans

Attachments

Angel_Scarz

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
35 109
Nice parkour, You should make it so you parkour on the jelly fish then the end is on top of the jellyfish in my opinoin

gogre

ELITE
gogre
gogre
ELITE
Ratings
300 37
Emma and myself have judged the parkour, and decided that it will be accepted.
We love the theme of the Parkour, it looks awesome and really fun to do. Its very well layed out and simplistic.
the fish inside the map are really good, they make the Parkour look great.
I'm very pleased to say its accepted, Congratulations!!

Your map will be added into Parkour upon the next batch of uploaded maps!