For the Sheer Sake of Curiosity, What Do You All Think About Virtual Reality?

Do you think Virtual Reality is a step forward when it comes to displaying games and media?

• Total voters

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELITE
SP4RKL3D0G
SP4RKL3D0G
ELITE
Ratings
62 1
I recently got a Gear VR headset and was curious how everyone feels about it the whole Virtual Reality concept.

Personally, I think it's a very powerful medium to display media when done correctly. Not only that, but it's really neat to experience games in that honest first person view.

Also, what's your opinion of VR minecraft if you've played it? I just started playing it the other day and have very mixed feelings about it.

I'm also going to be working on a story in the future about it and would love to hear everyone's opinions on this!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELITE
SP4RKL3D0G
SP4RKL3D0G
ELITE
Ratings
62 1
@RainingNarwhals In all honesty, I was pretty scared of the same thing! I get motion sickness pretty easily, but I find taking it in moderation definitely helps. It was kind of scary trying it on for the first time, but I just got used to it as it went on.

Speediare

Forum Master
MVP+
Ratings
668 9
I haven't tried VR out yet, but I really want to. I want to get a sense of VR controls, and how it works. Out of all that I've seen on Youtube, VR has lots of potential. I just hope I get the chance to use it. I do get motion sickness easily, though, so I don't know if that will get me motion sickness. (I hope it doesn't.)

Last edited:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELITE
SP4RKL3D0G
SP4RKL3D0G
ELITE
Ratings
62 1
@NStarMC Like I said, I get motion sickness pretty easily, but its not terrible when taken in moderation. Hopefully you can try it out soon! It's really cool! :D

MonkeyplanetPvP

Skyblock Mod+
Donator
Ratings
121 4
I only tried VR once at a friends house. My opinion is a little mixed.

First off, it felt weird getting fully into a game and not being seeing what is happening around me, in real life. I don't like that feeling of not knowing, I don't know, might just me be.

But, I truly believe that VR gaming is the next step in gaming and I can't wait to see what it becomes. :)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELITE
SP4RKL3D0G
SP4RKL3D0G
ELITE
Ratings
62 1
@Monkeyplanet Yeah, I agree with that. I think it's somewhat unnerving not being able to see everything going on around me, especially when someone sneaks up on me lol

I agree with that as well! I'm pretty pumped to see how it'll advance in the next few years!

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
I tried once. It was awesome.. But i have to say I was a bit scared.. hehe.

Scuzz

MVP
Quawk
Quawk
MVP
Ratings
98 3
They're expensive, I wouldn't be able to afford one. I think it still has a long way to go before it becomes perfect and something everyone would want.

FlashxPoint

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
181 2
VR sounds amazing bit as Scuzz stated it is expensive hell you need a pc powerful enough to run something like VR and get decent frames.
I think VR would be an interesting way to view video games and they could give them a greater more realistic feel and example of this is a game like GTA V. It's campaign is a gripping story and playing it on another level and experiencing the character more would give the game another layer of depth that maybe the next generation of gaming may turn out to be like.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELITE
SP4RKL3D0G
SP4RKL3D0G
ELITE
Ratings
62 1
Yeah, sadly the choices are really limited whenever it does come to picking out one. Hopefully within the next few years it will be more readily available to everyone.
I agree that compelling storytelling is a great use. They happened to have a demo of That Dragon Cancer on the Oculus store, which was quite interesting to experience in that first person view. It would be great to view other games in that position as well!