Rejected Fortaine - Expert (Remastered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOBittu

VIP
YOBittu
YOBittu
VIP
Map Name - Fortaine (French for Fountain)

Username - YOBittu

Warp - /plot visit YOBittu

Jumps - ~120

Checkpoints - 5

Improvements - Increased number of checkpoints, removed most of the floating parkour and made the parkour more varied with different blocks.

Image -
2020-04-27_15.23.55.png

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey YOBittu, here is my critique of your map! (please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)

The build on your map is quite cool. I see you mixed in some andesite and stonebricks to add a little more color. This is always a good thing for a map. For your theme, it is unfortunately unoriginal but I don't think thats a big problem. This map is quite different from FountainPK. The parkour is strange. At some points its slightly difficult and then other points its a cakewalk. You have a lot of weird spikes and this feels more of a long hard or expert than an insane. You did have fairly good jump variety so I applaud you on that front.

Overall, this map just needs a tiny bit more work if you wish for it to get accepted. I recommend turning the difficulty up a bit.

Good luck!

YOBittu

VIP
YOBittu
YOBittu
VIP
Thanks for your reply!
Instead of making this more difficult, i might change the sign and wool at the end to purple (expert difficulty).

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Making this an Expert map can be a good idea, but I feel like the level is too long for an Expert map. Expert levels are recommended to have 85-100 jumps. I wish you the best of luck in getting your map accepted! :)

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going on I'd like to mention that I am just a Moderator and this has no effect on your final summary/decision for your map submission, keep that in mind!

First of all its great that your making an expert map I like how you mixed blocks together in your map to add more detail in your build but honestly from my perspective/POV you definitely could add some more detail to your map, possibly something that would make it stand out as at the moment it seems kind of dull and would need something to spruce it up, possibly some greenery or something hanging down from your large tower map, just my personal opinion.

You do have some nice jump variety and a lot of different types of jumps that made your map more interesting for me to try out/review, as caseyclosed mentioned above there were a couple of strange spikes and stuff that would most likely be found on different difficulty maps.

Originality ~ Sadly your theme is not original as there are already a few maps that look like this from my experience FountainPK.
Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck with your map submission, there's nothing else I can really say, good luck! :)

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

This map is being rejected. The build could be improved. The water everywhere makes the build quite messy and creates a need for barriers that would not be needed otherwise. The parkour is not very fun and is mostly the same. The block variation is okay, but the jump variation could use work. It is quite easy for an expert with random difficulty spikes. It is also quite long. In addition to this, the theme is very unoriginal.

Thank you for submitting this map!
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord!

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.