JustWyren
VIP
Ratings
Creator: JustWyren
Map name: FrozenVault
Plot: #2
Difficulty: Expert (or maybe hard idk)
71 Jumps, 4 checkpoints

Other things: Thanks to Quinny for testing the map and giving me her opinion, and thanks to casey for helping me building the parkour! <3

Screenshots:

View attachment 27282 2020-05-04_19.17.03.png 2020-05-04_19.17.28.png 2020-05-04_19.18.11.png 2020-05-04_19.18.16.png

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Originality/design ~ Haven't ever seen a frozen vault before, seem some Christmas/frozen maps but certainly not something like this before, good job on the theme seems quite interesting in my opinion. Great job on the hills, looks really good and It makes me actually feel like I'm in a frozen biome in front of a majestic frozen vault, impressive honestly. Possibly add details on the exterior, the outside, it's just flat stone walls and looks a little bland and out of place if you look at the map from behind, maybe just some simple stuff, some vines/leaves going down, etc just my opinion.

Parkour variety/difficulty/length ~ A perfect length for an EXPERT map, 70+ jumps is pretty good in my opinion, great job on the parkour length, talking about parkour the variety I really loved the variety in your parkour, you used some amazing blocks to make the parkour more interesting and fun to play, great job with the arrows, I might've got lost if I didn't see the directional arrows pointing me to the goal, good job on that section, the length, the design, variety almost perfect good job! :)

PS: Loved the little igloo you made on top of the Ice vault :D

JustWyren

VIP
JustWyren
JustWyren
VIP
Ratings
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Originality/design ~ Haven't ever seen a frozen vault before, seem some Christmas/frozen maps but certainly not something like this before, good job on the theme seems quite interesting in my opinion. Great job on the hills, looks really good and It makes me actually feel like I'm in a frozen biome in front of a majestic frozen vault, impressive honestly. Possibly add details on the exterior, the outside, it's just flat stone walls and looks a little bland and out of place if you look at the map from behind, maybe just some simple stuff, some vines/leaves going down, etc just my opinion.

Parkour variety/difficulty/length ~ A perfect length for an EXPERT map, 70+ jumps is pretty good in my opinion, great job on the parkour length, talking about parkour the variety I really loved the variety in your parkour, you used some amazing blocks to make the parkour more interesting and fun to play, great job with the arrows, I might've got lost if I didn't see the directional arrows pointing me to the goal, good job on that section, the length, the design, variety almost perfect good job! :)

PS: Loved the little igloo you made on top of the Ice vault :D
Thanks for your review!
And omgggg I just realized casey built that Igloo lmaooo
I'm gonna leave it there.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello JustWyren! I will be putting your map under review.

The theme is somewhat original, we have a sizable amount of frozen/winter maps, but none like this to my knowledge.

The build is very well-done, detailed, and accurate to the theme. Good job!

The parkour fits expert very well in terms of difficulty and length, and the variety is good. It's also well-incorporated into the map. However, I found it to be very confusing in some spots, partially because the barriers aren't labelled. There are also some spots that require you to turn around or do very long jumps to spots that are obscured from view (e.g the grey carpet slime jump). Lastly, I found a skip inside the second-to-last room of the parkour, by the ladder jump. If you need help finding this, let me know.

Once you've fixed these issues, please message me on Discord (MCBYT#2023). Thank you for submitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.