Last edited:

dynohugz

VIP
dynohugz
dynohugz
VIP
Ratings
16 1
You can clear the plot or leave it after it is accepted since you have two plots that you can use. Also, I noticed that there is a chunk on your map that you can skip, so you will want to get that patched before they check it (Ive attached a picture of where it is). I feel like you have overused the vines a bit which for me personally I find a bit boring. You should also try to use different blocks to try and make the parkour more interesting as it can seem quite repetitive. I also found myself getting lost in certain parts and wondering where to go so maybe use more signs to direct people. I also think you should add at least a couple of jumps in the room before the skeleton jumps as it is a room that has nothing in it. Overall though the build is very good and I hope I helped :)
2020-10-14_19.20.36.png

This is where you can skip a section, from the pane back to the block.
2020-10-14_19.26.28.png
And this is the room I feel needs something more.

Ratings
Thank you for the feedback, you said that there was a chunk people could skip, and I think you mean the top photo, where you can jump on to a block where a checkpoint is placed, instead of jumping to the next glass pane, that is intentional. I'm guessing you mean vines in the build, because there is only one place where vines are incorporated in the parkour, and yeah, I'm gonna remove a bit of them. It would be great if you could specify what places seemed repetitive and I'll try to modify them.

dynohugz

VIP
dynohugz
dynohugz
VIP
Ratings
16 1
I think it is fine actually, but I think one of the jumps is impossible, this one:-
2020-10-14_21.59.37.png
Maybe there is a trick to it? but i have no idea. Also you will want to say your warp and how it is your 2nd plot. But overall I think it will probably get accepted.

Ratings
That jump is a bit weird, since you are on a vine, you can't jump, you just have to climb backwards, and then walk forward after stalling a bit at the top and you should land on the ladder.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
You can clear the plot or leave it after it is accepted since you have two plots that you can use. Also, I noticed that there is a chunk on your map that you can skip, so you will want to get that patched before they check it (Ive attached a picture of where it is). I feel like you have overused the vines a bit which for me personally I find a bit boring. You should also try to use different blocks to try and make the parkour more interesting as it can seem quite repetitive. I also found myself getting lost in certain parts and wondering where to go so maybe use more signs to direct people. I also think you should add at least a couple of jumps in the room before the skeleton jumps as it is a room that has nothing in it. Overall though the build is very good and I hope I helped :) View attachment 37395
This is where you can skip a section, from the pane back to the block. View attachment 37396 And this is the room I feel needs something more.

actually, you do have to keep it on the plot, no clearing it.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
Oh right my bad, so what happens if you get two accepted maps? How do you make a 3rd since you have no free plots?
you can make up to 3 plots, if when you get 3 accepted, you can get up to 25 so if you got 3 accepted you would have 22 more plots to use.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, your map submission is being REJECTED. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is pretty unoriginal as we do have multiple ship-themed maps (Ship, Ships, VikingShip, Watchmaker). Be sure to check the Parkour List before building a map to make sure your theme is original.
Build: The build was really nice - it was accurate to the theme and definitely reminded me of a ghost ship. I would have liked to see you incorporate the inside of the ship more into the parkour, as that inner section was just a skip to the rest of the map. The color scheme was also nice on the eyes, and the build was in-general well-detailed. Nice job on the build!
Parkour: The parkour was pretty problematic. It was pretty repetitive - try to incorporate a wide variety of jumps using blocks like ice, soul sand, flower pots, trapdoors, lily pads, water, etc. to make it more fun to play. There were two jumps that stood out to me as far more difficult than the rest - the second or third skeleton on the deck (the long arm-to-arm jump) and the vine/ladder jump mentioned above. I would make these easier so your parkour is all the same difficulty. I wouldn't be opposed to you shaving off a few jumps as the parkour did feel quite long, but maybe variety would fix that issue.

I hope to see more map submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.