Ratings
255 2
Map Creator: GamersDecision
Map Name: GoalRing
/plot home GamersDecision 2
Difficulty: Medium
Jumps: 43
Checkpoints: 3

This is the goal ring from the Sonic series, recurring in lots of different Sonic games. The levels in the games typically end by touching a ring like this.

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Gamers :) I'd give this map a +0.5:
The build is mostly accurate to the goal ring in Sonic, but again I'm seeing an issue with capturing that smooth, rounded feel of the ring. The way this ring is shaped is a bit more "accessory ring" shaped, as it is flat. Try using a sphere brush to make the ring more rounded (if you want help with brushes or other worldedit/buildling related stuff, let me know in game, I see you enough)!
The parkour is alright, although I do feel that some jumps are not necessarily annoying, but just a little unfun. For example, I think slime jumps in general are more fun a) the higher you get to bounce and b) the farther you can travel on the bounce. The slime at the beginning is a little flat, just because you can't have that fun distance on the bounce. Look for areas where the parkour could "flow better" or feel more connected!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello GamersDecision,

I'm happy to tell you, your map has been Accepted!
The theme is accurate, there are a few sonic maps, but none like this exactly.
The build isn't bad, it is accurate to the theme, the only thing I could suggest is possibly adding in a few different shades of glass, rather than just having one, but it is still built accurately to the actual thing.
The parkour is varied. You used a nice variety of blocks and items, creating original and enjoyable jumps.
The length and difficulty are good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.