Rejected Golden's Parkour Map Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
I forgot to add it is themed on the Wild West. The map doesn't need to be accepted. I would appreciate constructive criticism.

KiKi_Vanilla

Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Hey Golden,
After looking at the screenshots I can say that your PK Course shows a nice level of effort and build-work. Its a pretty original idea and it shows some potential of being accepted. I am no one to judge however as I am not staff (but hoping to be). I have two questions, is there any parkour inside those glass buildings? If not that would be a nice touch. :p And have you voided (set air where the grass and dirt is) the plot and got something for the sand to rest on? If not please do this :)
Nice work. Look forward to seeing how this is judged

- KiKi [Mapper]

jasuuss

Ratings
Hello, GoldenGaming

Being apart of a build team myself, I can see the build being really awesome. However -

- The sand and down below. Maybe touch that up a bit, add some detail and different things. But, don't just add random things, I'm not sure what the sand mountains with water flowing out of them are? But things that you would usually find in a Wild West minecraft build. Don't just build to build and to take up space. Not saying you did do that but you know what I mean? Look around for insperation if you need to, just remember not to copy block for block.

It's about you and your style so go for what you like to see on other builds and parkour maps.
I just think it needs that little more. That extra WOWNESS! Haha, you know what I mean? I'm not sure what it is but like I said, I think it has potential and could be really great. Try new stuff, play around with it. Also, like KiKi said, jumps inside the glass tower would be cool!

I hope this helped in some way, this was just my personal opinion, not facts or saying you need to do this or need to do that for it to be good or accepted, just any helpful advice I can give. It's already really good. Good luck! :D

Last edited:

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Yeah, I do have to admit on trying to make builds that seemed relevant to the Wild West theme as well as take up space. However, I'll take your criticism into account and attempt to build thing that can be involved with the theme. Appreciate all honest opinions :)

Shron

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
326 10
Hey GoldenAiming,
I am sorry to tell you, but I am going to reject this course. That does not mean, you cannot resubmit
There are a few problems with this course. There is no way for our parkour system, to get to the start of your course. Also since the parkour is floating in the air on parkour, your whole filled plot will make trouble. There is also a lot of copy & paste. Of it, which makes it less attractive.
Thank you for submitting this and I hope to see it resubmitted!

Shron

Status
Not open for further replies.