How do i move a structure with the wand?

Ratings
First, take a look at the picture.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.28.08 PM.png

I want to move the wool structure as to where the two stone blocks will be replaced by the red and blue wool. Red is (pos 1) and blue is (pos 2).
I do NOT want two of the same structure. I don't want to copy and paste it. What I DO want is to basically SLIDE the structure somewhere else. How do I do this? Will this work if the structure's new position overlaps with its old position?

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Hey there!

I'm assuming you're thinking of doing //copy and //paste. Just like with a computer and copying/pasting text, you can also cut and paste with //cut then //paste. It works exactly the same but it also deletes the structure in its original position.

Hope this helps,
4thForce

Ratings
I figured that out right after posting. The issue was the structure was always a few blocks off of where I wanted it to be. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I think it depends on the angle from which you click the blocks. It has to bee the same angle for both points, so i decided to stand on them and look straight down. I don't know if it's a bug or not and it's not very consistent either. But I got it eventually though. Thank you for your help.

ShiftyWifty

VIP+
ShiftyWhifty
ShiftyWhifty
VIP+
Ratings
21 1
4th's response is correct. You could also to //move 3 right or in the direction you're facing.
While I'm all for more people learning W.E, would it not be simpler to just rebuild it?

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Hey there again!

The position that it's pasted depends on where you were when you typed //copy. For example, if you were floating in the air at a certain spot when you //copied it then moved 5 blocks to the right and 2 blocks down, when you type //paste it will be moved 5 blocks to the right and 2 blocks down. So in the example that you gave, I'd recommend standing on the red block (position 1) when you do //copy (or //cut like I recommended earlier), then when you do //paste stand on the stone block on the left (the one that's in the lower position). When you //paste it should go right where you want it to.

If you have anymore general worldedit questions, I'd check out this post here https://manacube.com/threads/a-bit-of-help-with-world-edit-wand-and-more.61244/. It's for the creative realm but the worldedit commands are more or less the same as it is in parkour.

Good luck!
4thForce

Ratings
4th's response is correct. You could also to //move 3 right or in the direction you're facing.
While I'm all for more people learning W.E, would it not be simpler to just rebuild it?
With that simple build, yes. But I was using that as an example instead of what i actually wanted to perform the command on

Ratings
Hey there again!

The position that it's pasted depends on where you were when you typed //copy. For example, if you were floating in the air at a certain spot when you //copied it then moved 5 blocks to the right and 2 blocks down, when you type //paste it will be moved 5 blocks to the right and 2 blocks down. So in the example that you gave, I'd recommend standing on the red block (position 1) when you do //copy (or //cut like I recommended earlier), then when you do //paste stand on the stone block on the left (the one that's in the lower position). When you //paste it should go right where you want it to.

If you have anymore general worldedit questions, I'd check out this post here https://manacube.com/threads/a-bit-of-help-with-world-edit-wand-and-more.61244/. It's for the creative realm but the worldedit commands are more or less the same as it is in parkour.

Good luck!
4thForce
So basically, don't move when you type //copy, and stand in the corresponding position when using //paste? Got it.
I really wish the command worked differently.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
You could also do //move :D