How I Terraform with Worldedit Only

Ratings
69 16
I know there are a load of these threads but still, I wanted to make my own one based on how i do my terraforming.

Step 1: Get any tool, I usually just use a stick but for this example I'm using spades.

Step 2: While holding that tool type in /br sphere [block] [radius], for this example I'm doing /br sphere sponge 5. Remember this is only a placeholder block.

Step 3: Block out your terrain with the spheres

Step 4: Smooth the terrain. This can either be done by hand by filling in spaces and removing blocks, this is quite time consuming but it is worth it. (Yes I used voxel sniper to smooth this, I didn't want to put a lot of time into it to be honest)

Step 5: Select a block palette for your terrain

Step 6: Get the same number of tools as your block palette and create a sphere tool for each of them

Step 7: Set the block mask. You type the command //mask [block] where the block is the placeholder block you chose earlier so for this I will be doing //mask sponge. Remember to do this on all of your colouring brushes.

Step 8: Colour in your terrain

Step 9 (Optional): If you want grass, or a top layer of another block get another tool and use /br sphere [block] [radius] again to make a sphere brush for that tool, and then use a mask to mask all of the blocks you want to replace //mask [block],[block],[block] etc, and just brush it on.

And with that, you're done!

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
Good post hammer :D

horsebossmaster

MVP
Ratings
107 7
!

Ratings
I really love this method of coloring, its always so easy to do and doesn't take hardly any time at all. Hard to go wrong with this method, great thread :D Some extremely useful tools within WorldEdit for texturing if you ever venture off on a server with more worldedit permissions than manacube would be the gradient brush and other uses of /br clipboard for mask patterns. Udvio has a tutorial on gradient brush but I can't post links yet hahaha, so if you're interested on any of that just shoot me a dm and I'd love to teach you : ). The angle mask is amazing aswell. if you've made a terrain you can abuse angle masks for quick and nice looking texturing. Just set your terrain so a single block as a placeholder that you can remember and that will not be included in your final terrain texturing, such as gold block or sponge. The syntax for the angle mask is as follows: "//gmask /#d:#d". # is a placeholder for a real number representing a degree. The first # is the minimum degree and the second # is the maximum. This gives the mask a range of where to place blocks. After you've set your angle mask you can then go ahead and set your selection. Then you can //replace PLACEHOLDER BLOCK. For example, if I had a terrain made, I'd have a placeholder of a diamond block in place. If i wanted to cover all flat surfaces with grass, I would go ahead and do "//gmask /0d:40d". Then I would select my terrain, and then do "//replace diamond grass"

Sunta

MVP+
Sunta
Sunta
MVP+
Ratings
Thanks, really useful x

LillianFTP

VIP+
lillianFTP
lillianFTP
VIP+
Ratings
This is really nice! Thanks for the tips, Hammer. I used your painting tip and might I say that I prefer this than doing EVERYTHING by hand! Really saved me my sanity and time. Keep up with the good work my guy!