How long does it take for appeals to be reviewed

and how will I know if my appeal has been accepted or rejected?

context: I sent one message in chat after like 8 months of inactivity and a certain mod didnt like my NAME, so he perma-muted me.
I changed my name 5 days ago so I literally dont have the ability to change it again

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
We have rules on inappropriate usernames, and if it cannot be changed, you will need to stay muted until it can be changed. As Rap said, usually 2/3 days because of staff availability and timezones etc.

We have rules on inappropriate usernames, and if it cannot be changed, you will need to stay muted until it can be changed. As Rap said, usually 2/3 days because of staff availability and timezones etc.

So a name like XVIDEOS shouldnt cause any trouble then, right? Because, 1) it doesnt attack anyone or anything, and 2) the only people who MIGHT be offended by it are those they hate a certain medium of entertainment. The name change was a joke for my friends, and I wasnt even aware of the name rule on this server. If I had, I wouldnt have changed it, but I still need the ability to talk with other players. I didnt buy MVP+ in order to sty silent, after all.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
So a name like XVIDEOS shouldnt cause any trouble then, right? Because, 1) it doesnt attack anyone or anything, and 2) the only people who MIGHT be offended by it are those they hate a certain medium of entertainment. The name change was a joke for my friends, and I wasnt even aware of the name rule on this server. If I had, I wouldnt have changed it, but I still need the ability to talk with other players. I didnt buy MVP+ in order to sty silent, after all.
It's an inappropriate username, I don't think anyone would've been offended by it but there are rules in place that we have to enforce. It's classified as inappropriate, not hate speech.
Rules still applied to ranked players.

It's an inappropriate username, I don't think anyone would've been offended by it but there are rules in place that we have to enforce. It's classified as inappropriate, not hate speech.
Rules still applied to ranked players.
Then the rules should be changed to specify that, because "offensive/innapropriate" can mean A LOT of different things depending on the person thats doing the judging, and in my opinion, this is a simple case of a mod who lets things bother them a bit too much. literally no one cared about my name when I WAS allowed to talk, I mean think about it, most people would laugh at screenname like that wouldnt they? Xvideos, its a name a lot of people recognize and can relate to. It's not like my name was "killall(insertracehere)" or "hitlerwasright". NOTHING about it is wrong. Nothing. But homeboy just hit me with the "change it or get banned" messege out of no where and didnt even bother holding a conversation with me. And on top of that, he was incredibly patronizing by including a smily emoji with every messege. Its even in my mute messege - "Change your name and then submit an appeal :)"

And I still havent heard anything back about it btw

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Then the rules should be changed to specify that, because "offensive/innapropriate" can mean A LOT of different things depending on the person thats doing the judging, and in my opinion, this is a simple case of a mod who lets things bother them a bit too much. literally no one cared about my name when I WAS allowed to talk, I mean think about it, most people would laugh at screenname like that wouldnt they? Xvideos, its a name a lot of people recognize and can relate to. It's not like my name was "killall(insertracehere)" or "hitlerwasright". NOTHING about it is wrong. Nothing. But homeboy just hit me with the "change it or get banned" messege out of no where and didnt even bother holding a conversation with me. And on top of that, he was incredibly patronizing by including a smily emoji with every messege. Its even in my mute messege - "Change your name and then submit an appeal :)"

And I still havent heard anything back about it btw
Just checked, it was rejected.
As I said before, it wasn’t hate speech. It was inappropriate. It’s not that one mod was too sensitive to see it in chat, it’s that the name was inappropriate by our definition, so you were punished. No one is out to get you, no one is trying to attack you. The name was inappropriate, you were muted, the end.