Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
Recently, I've been brainstorming about new features that could keep up the motivation to grind on Parkour generally and even in further stages of playing Parkour, in this case regarding the situation in which people ranked up to Champion already and therefore lack options to keep grinding. I came up with 3 ideas on how to achieve that! I'd like to introduce you to...

1. - Champion Points

As I said above, the main reason behind this idea is to give players who have ranked up to Champion an additional opportunity to keep up the grind! Once a player ranks up to Champion, the Champion points are unlocked. They are a new currency that cannot be transferred to another player. The only way to obtain Champion Points is, who would've thought, to grind. My idea to collect Champion Points would be by achieving milestones, such as reaching 50k EXP, 100k EXP, and so on. Note: The count for those milestones starts once you've ranked up to Champion, so you can't immediately unlock all of the Champion Points because of the EXP one has collected while playing maps to rank up to Champion. Other ideas for milestones would be obtaining Mana or map completions in general. However, only the Mana you gain by map completions (Easy-Insane Maps, Adventure Maps, Droppers,...) count, so you can't simply coinflip or use other methods to make it too easy. As you can see, the focus of these milestones lies on the grind and not simply reaching them in the shortest timespan possible.

But what's the point of obtaining Champion Points? - In combination with Champion Points, there's a Champion Shop in which you can spend them! My ideas for the Champion Shop are things such as unique titles, SVAs, Cubits, Ancient-, Legendary-, and Elite Keys - pretty much things that are worth grinding for. Maybe the Champion Shop can be updated once a new season arrives to make those rewards found in the Champion Shop even more unique!

2. - (Bi-)Weekly Quests

Weekly or Bi-Weekly quests, depending on which timespan suits best, would be my idea to implement a way to farm Cubits on Parkour. Besides the daily /cow Mystery Crate there is no way to "naturally" get Cubits on Parkour. Completing this quest would require completing a given amount of Maps. As an example: A player has one week time to complete 50 Easy Maps, 30 Medium Maps, 15 Hard Maps, 5 Expert Maps, 3 Insane Maps, and 5 Adventure Maps. If the player manages to meet the requirements within those 7 days, they can claim their reward of ~2.5 Cubits. It might not be much, but it would be a fair way for players to collect cubits and save them up!

3. - Advanced Mana Fairy

Next to the normal Mana Fairy, there could be an Advanced Mana Fairy. The current Mana fairy appears every one and a half hours on Easy-, Medium-, and Hard Maps and gives 100 extra Mana once you've completed the selected Map. The Advanced Mana Fairy would appear on Expert-, Insane-, and possibly even Adventure Maps - it would pose a more challenging way to gain extra Mana. Due to the higher difficulty of the map that has to be completed, there would be a reasonable increase in the amount of Mana you get by completing the selected map. To keep things balanced, the cooldown, which decides in what timespan the Advanced Mana Fairy switches from one map to another, could also be increased. Depending on what suits best, the normal Mana Fairy and the Advanced Mana Fairy could either occur at the same time or rotate, depending on what suits the best.

Those would be 3 ideas, on how you could keep up the motivation to grind on Parkour for any player, regardless of their ranking up progress. I'd be happy to know what you think about those ideas, and if you have any additional ideas/adaptions to my ideas, don't hesitate to tell me!

Have a good day, Mika

Last edited:

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
Before i talk about each individual idea i should start with it seems like these ideas all exist with the presumption that parkour needs something to provide to players who have already gotten to champion, to which on a fundamental level i disagree and ill try explain why with the solutions youve presented.

Once a player ranks up to Champion, the Champion points are unlocked.
This just sounds like an extension of the already existing prestige challenges, which is the first problem of defining what champion IS, all this grinding exp and mana infinitely is the stuff that is done from god to champion and "champion points" just seem like another word for last seasons prestiges, which were removed intentionally to mark a definitive endpoint to the gamemode.

Now you might think that parkour shouldn't HAVE a definitive endpoint like other gamemodes which is why youve come up with these ideas to keep interest up and going, but I disagree. Parkour has a limited number of maps, and champion serves as the "tying up loose ends part" of those maps, as they are not all required for the final rank of god, which fits most of the grinding into a definitive end goal.

So what we should just let champions get bored and leave? In a way... yes.
Parkour is an interesting gamemode because as said, it HAS a clear endpoint, it functions much less like a live service game like the rest of the gamemode and much MORE like a definitive self contained experience that gets regular free dlc monthly, and thinking about it like a more traditional game compared to a service, those games have endpoints so it makes sense that parkour ALSO has an endpoint where someone can put it down and think they've done everything they can.

The other 2 ideas are good and can work as just regular features, not champion exclusive, the shop could also just be integrated as a pricier shop with extortionate mana prices as a psuedo champ only shop.

Of course other avenues already exist after champ in map creation or world record running but it seems like it doesnt satisfy everyone and that's a point I think is most important here, that's ok!

If someone has grown tired of the gamemode and has done everything and thinks its time to hang up the boots, that's ok! People move onto other things and hobbies and while alot of parkours main playerbase has, there will usually be people to fill in the void left by them. I also dont think keeping them here infinitely looping for shop items and points they will eventually win all of -as you have in your thread- is the right move as its ok for people to leave once they have hit that definitive end goal.

Whether it's to a more challenging server or just a different game entirely, people can spend hundreds of hours and have their fun up until accomplishing the ultimate goal, and leave on that high note with other options available to them.

Setting up what is essentially sounding like an ascension system on top of the prestige system kind of dimishes the satisfaction of accomplishing the seemingly insurmountable hill that the prestiges already felt.

Hell champ itself has problems with grinding, as of writing the maximum amount of EXP available from obtaining a blue (or red) checkmark is 113,340/250,000
1708310178456.png

This is already under HALF the required exp for champ meaning champ itself already requires a full redo of maps in ADDITION to some grinding so adding a new wave of grinding after just seems redundant when you can instead improve the grinding from god to champ, if you already have champ you can just retroactively get access to these ideas.

So TL;DR, champs shouldn't necessarily have anything on purpose because its a signifier that they've done everything and its ok to move because parkour isnt as replayable as other gamemode in nature and thats ok, your ideas are decent but would work better being incorporated into god to champ progression and it sounds like you want prestiges back which were removed for a reason (but if theyre added back i wont complain just disagree a little)

Cool ideas even if i dont think they should be added in this form regardless though, especially advanced mana fairy id like that either way.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
those games have endpoints so it makes sense that parkour ALSO has an endpoint where someone can put it down and think they've done everything they can.
the issue with it is that on those games, you have the ability to restart completely and maybe try another route or another ending but on parkour your stats are stuck with you so you can't do anything differently

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
the issue with it is that on those games, you have the ability to restart completely and maybe try another route or another ending but on parkour your stats are stuck with you so you can't do anything differently
a way of resetting stats on your terms, not the servers could maybe be a welcome addition but it would have to have atleast like 4 layers of security lol

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
and "champion points" just seem like another word for last seasons prestiges, which were removed intentionally to mark a definitive endpoint to the gamemode.
Adding something like Champion Points to Parkour wouldn't necessarily mean that ranking up to Champion isn't the definitive endpoint to this gamemode anymore. In my eyes, it could be something like a "side-quest" - something, that isn't part of the actual ranking up progress and exists next to it as another feature that could keep the motivation to play alive! I don't see this feature as something one has to complete to have fully played through parkour as a whole, but at the same time, I can see why one could think that it's just another cherry on top you need to grind for until you have achieved everything on Parkour. I think there could be another option for players who have ranked up to Champion than just leaving the server, even though new people will fill in the gaps.

a way of resetting stats on your terms
And that possibility doesn't necessarily have to be something like Champion Points, it could also just be something like this! Currently, having ranked up to Champion lowkey feels like a dead end, which is why allowing each player to decide how they want to handle the situation by giving them the option to reset themselves could be fun.