Im complaining about account migration

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
this is so dumb
ive had my minecraft account for like, 8 years and ive always been happy with my ign and never had an issue with account security or login.
but now because these clowns are scared for people they want to change it ??? like dude ? account security from secure login information is the users concern. they should only be worrying about a system that can reliably protect the users information AND NOT make the users create another account that changed this xbox login display name ??? i dont play xbox, i dont want to play xbox, i dont want to play microsoft games. migrate the information yourself to a more secure database if that is your concern and its not for money. bruh i dont want to be named GivingBread or OvalStingray the hell ??
OHH and also, since they decided to not give everyone a fair chance at claiming login names, all my account login names are already taken !!! why the hell would someone want my account names ? SSM_GOD SSM_GODDESS HugSSM1 ..... YOURE NOT SSM I AM.
i have so many accounts but now that their named crap like GivingBread and OvalStingray I cant tell the damn things apart
they dont even let you customize your profile picture ??!?!? it defaults to some crappy minecraft skin ??? at least let me put it to the accounts skin! i got 20 accounts with the same skin, but id damn well sure enough put a big number across the face if i could see the skin instead of a pig or oak log!!! thanks for the help. smarty.

take away:
make sure you create safe, secure, complex, and unique login information for all your accounts. Change your passwords monthly and never tell anyone any of your login information.
Its because people dont follow these simple recomendations that things like this shitty system are created

ugh i so wish i could be some sort of manager above whoever made this decision. you meathead.

EDIT:
OH AND ANOTHER THING
i cant even afk my alts anymore with the same program because of verification with microsoft!
THIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR
now i have to spend time i dont have to find a way to bypass that part of login, or feed it aditional information
ughhhh i hate this i hate this i hate this i hate this

bomber

Forum Expert
ELITE
bomberboy124
bomberboy124
ELITE
Ratings
confusion, but its. clear that it bothers you..

Last edited:

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
im confused pls explain what the problem is

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,333 82
Honestly, I’m so confused about the migration process. I agree with you, SSM.

I’ve had my main account for a good few years now (roughly 7) and have had my alt account for far less time than that, but my alt account was eligible to migrate before my main account?

I mean, in a way I’m glad because it means I can test it out before migrating my main account too. But I agree, it’s not ideal at all haha.

Only thing I disagree with, is I was able to select a profile picture, so my alt account now has diamond ore :sheeeesh:

The_Endy

MVP+
_3nd3r_
_3nd3r_
MVP+
Ratings
4 1
just saying that the account name that the migration process gives you is just the XBOX gamertag. i had to migrate both my alt accounts yesterday and their minecraft IGN's stayed the same, its just the xbox gamertag that changes

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
I really don't want to migrate but it's something that will happen eventually, sucks but ah well Microsoft :)

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,333 82
You wrote this because you didn't get the name you wanted? Wow

Just because you don't need a microsoft account we shouldn't migrate?
I don’t think SSM was trying to discourage people from migrating their accounts haha, I think they were just having a rant about the process. :p Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Only thing I disagree with, is I was able to select a profile picture, so my alt account now has diamond ore :sheeeesh:
You can't customize it. Only get to choose from a predetermined group.
Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

just saying that the account name that the migration process gives you is just the XBOX gamertag. i had to migrate both my alt accounts yesterday and their minecraft IGN's stayed the same, its just the xbox gamertag that changes
I know. But when switching accounts in the mc launcher idk who the bell OvalStingray is, but I do know who HugSSM4 is. Who SSM_GODDESS is. Who 6288ft is. Who markonecarrot is. Who the hell is GivingBread??

You wrote this because you didn't get the name you wanted? Wow

Just because you don't need a microsoft account we shouldn't migrate?
No, I'm just saying I don't like how they've left it to us to do their work of their database security, and then didn't leave it to be fair and sensible for us to create the accounts. It's a pain in the ass and a half to crate another account. Especially since I don't want anything to do with a Microsoft account.

im confused pls explain what the problem is
1. I had to create another new account for Microsoft
2. My new account is a dumb name like GivingBread
3. In the minecraft launcher when switching accounts I can't tell them apart now
4. My console clients and other programs don't work anymore. Means no afking

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
I guess you have a mac then because if you have a windows computer you need a microsoft account for most stuff now Which I find very convenient, I don't mind this at all

1. I had to create another new account for Microsoft
2. My new account is a dumb name like GivingBread
3. In the minecraft launcher when switching accounts I can't tell them apart now
4. My console clients and other programs don't work anymore. Means no afking
1. Sure it would be good if you could have all your accounts on one microsoft account.
2. You can choose the name yourself, and if the name is taken it will give a #number like discord
3. You can change names and images which can tell them apart
4. Probably a pain for you but I have never understood afking, its a lame way to play the game, and why do you need programs for that either way?

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I guess you have a mac then because if you have a windows computer you need a microsoft account for most stuff now Which I find very convenient, I don't mind this at all

1. Sure it would be good if you could have all your accounts on one microsoft account.
2. You can choose the name yourself, and if the name is taken it will give a #number like discord
3. You can change names and images which can tell them apart
4. Probably a pain for you but I have never understood afking, its a lame way to play the game, and why do you need programs for that either way?
I use windows 10. You only need a microsoft account if you want to use their additional services, which I don't. And now they want me to have 20+ microsoft accounts. I don't want Amy microsoft accounts. I want nothing to do with microsoft.
It did not let me take a "already used" name.
You can choose from an array of predetermined images, but I have no way of associating a pig with HugSSM7 when its names GivingBrrsd and a cow with HugSSM4 when it's names OvalStingray.
If you played Olympus, islands, skyblock, Factions, or survival you'd know you need alts to do even somewhat good long term. Also, without my alts, atlas is seeing player counts from 8 - 0. It hurts that they killed and abandoned Olympus after all that we've begged and pleaded and prayed for and assisted with bug fixes and content release. I was keeping atlas 'alive' even of it was just the player count being boosted.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
just have names like ThisIsSSM001 or something
ThisIsSsm002
and so on

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
The disrespect is unreal >:[
ITS SSM NOT Ssm.
I'm Stormy not echo yet account migration said nty and made my stupid username Echosong2003 and I can't change it bcuz u have to pay to change ur stupid gamer tag.

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Honestly for me it wasn’t that bad. It didn’t make me change ign, however on the same day that I migrated, my cooldown for the name change expired. I changed it anyways.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Honestly for me it wasn’t that bad. It didn’t make me change ign, however on the same day that I migrated, my cooldown for the name change expired. I changed it anyways.
I played bedrock before buying java so my gamertag is still Echosong2003 from when I created my bedrock account. I hate it, but I can't change it bcuz u have to pay to change ur gamer tag apparently.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I did not pay 30 dollars CAD to be forced to pay more money anytime I want to change my username -.-
Edit: after doing some research it turns out that gamertag and username are two different things for Java Edition- gamertag is displayed above a player's head in the bedrock versions while username is displayed on Java.

1630173402831.png

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
IMAGINE PAYING 10 DOLLARS TO CHANGE YOUR MICROSOFT NAME, IT'S FREE FOR ME LOL L