Keeping spawners in /f vault should be forbbiden.

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
Currently there are 5-6 factions with range of 2-5b in spawners which have been mined at the end of the grace and are being hidden in f vault.
Those 2-5b will go even higher since cane gives a lot of money and you don't really need auto farms for that.

As always those factions will place 2-3 days before payout having to protect their base less than others. It doesn't matter that you get 10% of value per 12h, 60% of 7-8b is more than enough to win any ftop place. That's not how factions should work, you should be rewarded for deffending yours/raiding others bases for longer periods of times, not for using undetectable cane scripts or whatever.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I do also think that making spawners more profitable to have placed down will solve this instead of just blocking spawners from f vault. If you want to earn the most money, you need to have spawners down and be ready to defend it. Also think breaking spawners should cost way more to prevent mining while getting raided

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
I do also think that making spawners more profitable to have placed down will solve this instead of just blocking spawners from f vault. If you want to earn the most money, you need to have spawners down and be ready to defend it. Also think breaking spawners should cost way more to prevent mining while getting raided
Making spawner more worth would require entire recreation of economy which could be bad idea.
Mining spawners while being raided is already forbbiden, imo it should be disabled after grace.

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
Sorry I meant increase the mob drop prices so that spawners are more profitable than farming in the long run and in large quantities
I understood that, but doing so will require to rebalance cane/spawner/genbucket economy. Its best idea indeed, but could turn out bad.

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
This is one of the many reasons why Manacube factions is dying. At this point, it's all about how much you grind in grace, then mining, then raiding factions when they place.

I think a good suggestion for this would be to not disallow it, but to change it so that it would be rewarding to factions to keep it placed longer during raiding.

1. Change the % of value that goes up in a certain amount of time. Currently it is every 12 hours, there is a 10% increase in faction value

- Could be changed to every 24 hours, 10% increase in value
- Every 12 hours, 5% increase in value.

2. Increase mob drop amounts during raiding or change sell amounts during raiding

- Creepers drop 2x the amount of TNT during raiding
- Villagers drop 2x more emeralds
- Blazes drop 2x more exp
- Mobs drop 2x more heads

3. Shorten map length

Currently we have 1 week grace and 2 week raiding, but after grace, the server starts to die. And by the end of raiding week one, the server is 100% dead. Shortening map length would force factions to have to place earlier in raiding time which would allow all factions to have a somewhat fair advantage.

- 3 day grace, 4 day TNT
- 5 day grace, 5 day TNT
- 1 day grace, 2 day TNT

Even though shorter maps are most likely impossible due to the fact that Manacube has 7 other servers, it would still take a step closer to bringing back alive Factions.

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
This is one of the many reasons why Manacube factions is dying. At this point, it's all about how much you grind in grace, then mining, then raiding factions when they place.

1. Change the % of value that goes up in a certain amount of time. Currently it is every 12 hours, there is a 10% increase in faction value

- Could be changed to every 24 hours, 10% increase in value
- Every 12 hours, 5% increase in value.

2. Increase mob drop amounts during raiding or change sell amounts during raiding

- Creepers drop 2x the amount of TNT during raiding
- Villagers drop 2x more emeralds
- Blazes drop 2x more exp
- Mobs drop 2x more heads

3. Shorten map length

Currently we have 1 week grace and 2 week raiding, but after grace, the server starts to die. And by the end of raiding week one, the server is 100% dead. Shortening map length would force factions to have to place earlier in raiding time which would allow all factions to have a somewhat fair advantage.

- 3 day grace, 4 day TNT
- 5 day grace, 5 day TNT
- 1 day grace, 2 day TNT
The overtime increasing value can very well even be disabled. Just nerf cane to point where its way more worth to farm spawners.

Drop amounts are fine, increasing prices would do the job. But as i said earlier, that would require entire rebalance of economy which could end up being bad. However if any staff member would do it i got nothing against, just make sure its good.

As for map duration, well, you said it yourself. Manacube is not factions only server and can't afford weekly/biweekly resets.

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
I thought about increasing price amounts after grace but that could just be abused from people keeping items in chests and selling them when raiding starts
You need spawners to get those items soo just keeping them won't be very effective strategy.