Rejected last road - Medium (resubmitted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Leovittra
Map name: Last road
/plot v Leovittra 2
Difficulty: Medium
Number of jumps: 64
Number of checkpoints 5

Disclaimer! The photos are an older version in the newer some textures and jumps are changed so it more suits the map and makes the jumps more fun to do.

I tried one time before with my first map and used the critic from it and created this map!

So this map is a fairly small map and it's inspired by the farming age in Europe. It has a way snaking back and forth threw the entire map which create the 64 jumps, please let me know if there is any place were there is an unclear path or just to hard/easy. Also look for the heads with arrows and the quarts blocks that shows the way.

View attachment 21973

Last edited:

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I was wondering if you were going to re-submit this, I'm happy you did. I just finished the parkour and it has improved, however I felt that some of it was too hard, and I think the first house could be more varied, since it is mostly just full block jumps. IMO, the checkpoints in the second house aren't placed very well and that really contributes to the difficulty. The water jumps are pretty tricky and I would find myself doing a bunch of parkour over again just to get back to the water jumps. If you either changed these jumps to be easier or moved the checkpoints around, that would help relieve the difficultly of these jumps.

Other than that the build is pretty great, and other than inside the first house, the parkour is well varied :)

Edit - I just had another go at the second house and it wasn't as hard this time. I guess I just had a bad technique with the water. Anyway, I found this skip:
2020-05-26_12.19.42.png

Last edited:
I was wondering if you were going to re-submit this, I'm happy you did. I just finished the parkour and it has improved, however I felt that some of it was too hard, and I think the first house could be more varied, since it is mostly just full block jumps. IMO, the checkpoints in the second house aren't placed very well and that really contributes to the difficulty. The water jumps are pretty tricky and I would find myself doing a bunch of parkour over again just to get back to the water jumps. If you either changed these jumps to be easier or moved the checkpoints around, that would help relieve the difficultly of these jumps.

Other than that the build is pretty great, and other than inside the first house, the parkour is well varied :)

Edit - I just had another go at the second house and it wasn't as hard this time. I guess I just had a bad technique with the water. Anyway, I found this skip:
View attachment 28880
Thanks so much and i will fix this skip and try it again and probably change the checkpoints! (and I changed it to resubmitted)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Leovittra,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is good. Like I mentioned in your previous submission, you added nice detail to the build and it is overall built well.
The parkour is very repetitive. You did add some areas with more original jumps which is good, but it would be great if you could keep up the varied jumps throughout the map, as there were many sections made up of just normal block jumps which does feel quite repetitive.
I also found the map to be quite confusing at points, especially in the second half. I would suggest trying to cut down the number of jumps inside the house, so you have more room to create a clearer parkour path.
The difficulty is good for a medium for the most part, I just do feel that it is a little bit too difficult, especially considering the map is a bit longer, and the length is probably better suited to a hard map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.