Rejected Lit Candle | Expert Course Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralHamster

Donator
Ratings
20 1
General_Hamster
Made on map maker world. /plot h General_Hamster. Look to the right and look for the giant red arrow (Not part of the parkour)
Expert Difficulty
104 Jumps

The giant orange thing is suppose to be a lighter

To Txilsy: This is not the course made with the builder. That's coming soon ;)

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Sooo, my review c: :

Positives points :
-The theme is original (I don't know if it was used before but I never see a candle theme)
-The difficulty fits with the number of jump
-The parkour is quite varied (Maybe too many ladders on the candle ?)

Negatives points :
-There is a short cut here :

-The parkour is a bit confusing (Special mention to the "floating sign" in the candle)
-No checkpoint ? wat (Please put like 3-4 checkpoint at least)
-I think it would be better if you add a plate below the candle because the candle is a bit floating, and it's a bit weird.
-I said the parkour is varied but I think it would be more better if you add ice or soul sand (or anything else)

I hope I help you c:
(Sorry for the spelling, I'm not really good at English :x )

GeneralHamster

Donator
Ratings
20 1
Sooo, my review c: :

Positives points :
-The theme is original (I don't know if it was used before but I never see a candle theme)
-The difficulty fits with the number of jump
-The parkour is quite varied (Maybe too many ladders on the candle ?)

Negatives points :
-There is a short cut here :

-The parkour is a bit confusing (Special mention to the "floating sign" in the candle)
-No checkpoint ? wat (Please put like 3-4 checkpoint at least)
-I think it would be better if you add a plate below the candle because the candle is a bit floating, and it's a bit weird.
-I said the parkour is varied but I think it would be more better if you add ice or soul sand (or anything else)

I hope I help you c:
(Sorry for the spelling, I'm not really good at English :x )
Thanks very much for the response. I basically completely forgot about the checkpoints xD. I'll try to add a plate and I will definitely fix that exploit

Last edited:

DeathByAPotato

Mapper
Ratings
23 1
I went to /plot h General_hamster and couldn't find the giant red arrow. Also, maybe put in some screenshots if you can? From what I can tell from Shinxray's screenshot, it looks pretty good. Colorful :D Anyways, best of luck on getting your map accepted! :3

{ZootBot}

PATRON
ZootBot
ZootBot
Patron
Ratings
21 7
Maybe he created that tiny little cheat for himself/herself and thought nobody would know about it? Not being a meanie about it though

GeneralHamster

Donator
Ratings
20 1
Maybe he created that tiny little cheat for himself/herself and thought nobody would know about it? Not being a meanie about it though
The world may never know........... ecks dee

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
The world may never know........... ecks dee
I'm just going to quickly point out that building shortcuts on a map is punishable, it should make sense why. If we catch you doing this on purpose, you're going to have to face the consequences, so just be careful. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, I'm just warning you since this actually has happened before.

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello Hamster,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Points that influenced the decision:
- The theme is original and well executed in my opinion.
- The build looks pretty decent although I'm not too big of a fan all the quartz, it is kinda too much, but this is mostly due to the theme you chose. Other than that, I gotta give it to you, it looks exactly like you most likely intended it to be and it represents the theme nicely.
- The jumps are pretty repetitive in my opinion. Even though you tried adding some variety, all the ladder and fence jumps were the same and got boring. Based off that, the difficulty would only be hard if all jumps were only used once or twice. Always make sure to add in more variety so that there aren't only really hard jumps, but a few where you can, simply breathe. I did like the inside of the candle btw.
- The length is fine for an expert map and I believe the checkpoint placement is fine as well.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)

Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.