Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
Here's a case study: Mika, who got locked on one of the many manacube servers, parkour - for bug abuse, plays on a normal saturday the trivia quiz event. Fortunately with much luck, he manages to get into the finals of the event. Now he only has to get the last question against the opponent right and he won the event! But then, no question? No question. The opponent won the game without the final question being asked. Why? Because Mika is locked. And that's not the first time stuff like that happened not only to Mika, also to other locked players. Personally, I have won in many different events such as Knockout, Spleef, Horse Races and many more. When I won a round of the event, I literally get treated like air, and the second player who finished something, wins.

My statement: Where's the sense of punishing a player on the whole Manacube network for abusing a glitch on one of the many servers on Manacube? And for me, even after almost 5 months of being locked, it's not allowed to win a title or an event. I mean it makes sense that I get excluded from the Parkour Event and Parkour & Seek, but why would I not be allowed to win a beautiful looking title for Aether, because I have abused a glitch on a completely different servers 5 months ago? In my opinion this act of treatment is unfair, i mean okay, we messed up a long time ago on one server, but an exclution from winning events because of that? I mean I could relate if we weren't allowed to claim the won title on Parkour because that's the place on which we messed things up, but I should at least be able to claim the tag on an other server.

Anyway that's my opinion on that beautiful system of punishments on Manacube, I'd love to see your opinion to this topic!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I understand what you mean, but I don't think that locked players should get access to event titles and those sort of things. I thought that the rules were if you have perm punishments, or are currently serving a punishment, that you're not allowed to participate. I guess I'm wrong? I didn't support that anyways. I think that you should be able to play, just not win the rewards, like what happened with you.
I see it as something similar to if you're hacking on kitpvp and get banned, you're banned from the whole network. but instead of being banned, you're allowed back on the game.

IPenguinI

Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
I do agree with SSM here, for a few reasons.

You were locked for abusing a glitch. Normally on any other server, if a player did this (Take KitPvP for example) they would be banned depending on the majority of the bug/glitch. For parkour, instead of potentially perm banning people for bug abuse, you can still play on the server, and do the basics, such as PARKOUR. I think the locked system is okay for parkour, but you do have a point about winning the event titles on other servers. Just because you are punished on parkour, doesn't mean you cannot log into aether, and play just fine. I also do see the point of NOT letting locked players win titles. You were LOCKED, instead of potentially PERM banned. They are still letting you play the server, even though you could have abused a major exploit.

I'd like to see what the point of view from other players is on this particular issue.

Good day,

Penguin

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
I understand what you mean, but I don't think that locked players should get access to event titles and those sort of things. I thought that the rules were if you have perm punishments, or are currently serving a punishment, that you're not allowed to participate. I guess I'm wrong? I didn't support that anyways. I think that you should be able to play, just not win the rewards, like what happened with you.
I see it as something similar to if you're hacking on kitpvp and get banned, you're banned from the whole network. but instead of being banned, you're allowed back on the game.
I do agree with SSM here, for a few reasons.

You were locked for abusing a glitch. Normally on any other server, if a player did this (Take KitPvP for example) they would be banned depending on the majority of the bug/glitch. For parkour, instead of potentially perm banning people for bug abuse, you can still play on the server, and do the basics, such as PARKOUR. I think the locked system is okay for parkour, but you do have a point about winning the event titles on other servers. Just because you are punished on parkour, doesn't mean you cannot log into aether, and play just fine. I also do see the point of NOT letting locked players win titles. You were LOCKED, instead of potentially PERM banned. They are still letting you play the server, even though you could have abused a major exploit.

I'd like to see what the point of view from other players is on this particular issue.

Good day,

Penguin
In addition to both of your replies, for me it's this way: I have been permanently banned for bug abusing and I got locked afterwards too.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hey Mika, just wanted to add onto this- it doesn't just apply to "locked players" on parkour. It applies to anyone with a permanent punishment such as a ban or mute- at that point I would be questioning how and why you are playing a community event with a perm ban...
This is why in general I don't compete in community events- I've been to a few and one time I was close to winning a fishing contest only to learn that if I did happen to win I wouldn't be allowed to claim my prize- and the person in second place would be picked instead. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way- but it feels like the players who have the permanent punishments are always the ones who get treated like nothing... that they aren't even PART of the community. I've expressed this feeling to several of my friends, to which I get the response- "of course you're part of the community!" People need to make up their minds, either we are part of the community or we aren't, but don't just say that we are, treat us like we are. And yes, I am very much aware of what the rules state, but that's not to stay I feel it' a bit pointless- if you're not going to allow us to even "win" why even let us on in the first place? So yeah, I completely agree with you, Mika.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I also feel that there is a big difference between "abusing a bug" on PARKOUR and being hateful/disrespectful in game... and it all comes down to one thing- how far are you gonna go to punish people for rules they have broken?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Punishments that are deliberately server-specific -- like being locked only on Parkour rather than banned from all of Manacube -- should actually be server-specific. What happens on the Events server should not be dictated by what happened on Parkour months ago, if the player is able to join the server at all.

But at the end of the day, if a Locked player mustn't be eligible to win an event, they shouldn't be allowed to participate at all -- Mika getting to the finals kept another player from having a chance at winning for no reason.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I feel bad for you; I was the one facing you in the end, I completely forgot you were locked and thought we'd be against another question. I agree you shouldn't have been disqualified to get the tag on other gamemodes just because you are locked on parkour, plus, if you get the tag and you're locked you could hold onto it until you're unlocked. But since locked means banned technically, does that mean it's unfair, I don't mean to be mean or not hear your opinions, I've been thinking about this for the whole day and I don't know what to side on yet, not that i want to and possibly hurt feelings.