ManaCube violates Mojang's Eula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojang doesn't allow people to make pay-to-win servers
In this server there are many items that provide a lot of advantages to buyers.
So there's a risk of this server being blacklisted from Mojang.
Well... I already reported this server to Mojang LOL

In addition to that fact, why can this server force people to follow rules when this server breaks Mojang's Eula?
Remove pay-to-win items right now and Mojang may forgive you :)

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
In this server there are many items that provide a lot of advantages to buyers.
So there's a risk of this server being blacklisted from Mojang.
Well... I already reported this server to Mojang LOL

In addition to that fact, why can this server force people to follow rules when this server breaks Mojang's eula?

Everyone report this server from the URL below!!!
https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...ervers-that-violate-commercial-use-guidelines
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSH8fnOoVr7z4ZZmnfZhPEJ4IGVfAiKoDC1dDfAGZWi0-ncA/viewform
Virtually every server is in violation of the Eula. Pretty sure Manacube is already blacklisted to an extent as well.

Virtually every server is in violation of the Eula.
So? The fact that every server violates Eula doesn't justify violating Eula.
What you said sounds like "I'm allowed to bully him becuz everyone is bullying him"

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
So? The fact that every server violates Eula doesn't justify violating Eula.
What you said sounds like "I'm allowed to bully him becuz everyone is bullying him"
Thats a poor comparative statement. I am simply suggesting that A. You do not know what has already happened in regards to EULA on this server and B. This is consistently a top 20 server you don't think this conversation has been had before or rather that Mojang does not know this server is non compliant. Do some research and find out what has actually been said in relation to EULA and its compliance on this server.
Do you have anything to back this statement up any past occurrences you have researched where servers have been forgiven for doing so?

How good is Mojang at enforcing this whose right is it to enforce it?

In addition to that fact, why can this server force people to follow rules when this server breaks Mojang's Eula?
Explain this statement in further detail.

This is consistently a top 20 server you don't think this conversation has been had before or rather that Mojang does not know this server is non compliant. Do some research and find out what has actually been said in relation to EULA and its compliance on this server.
I don't care. This server just doesn't follow Eula and that's all.

Do you have anything to back this statement up any past occurrences you have researched where servers have been forgiven for doing so?
No?

How good is Mojang at enforcing this whose right is it to enforce it?
Do you violate the law if polices don't do their jobs?
Servers should follow Eula no matter how good they are at enforcing this.
Ofc Mojang has a right to enforce Eula. I'm just suggesting this server should follow Eula.

Explain this statement in further detail.
It's silly to follow rules made by a rule breaker.

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I don't care. This server just doesn't follow Eula and that's all.

No?

Do you violate the law if polices don't do their jobs?
People should follow Eula no matter how they are good at enforcing this.
Ofc Mojang has a right to enforce Eula. I'm just suggesting this server should follow Eula.

It's silly to follow rules made by a rule breaker.
First of, its great you care but and this is definitely the place to raise these concerns and it would nice if it followed EULA. However if you actually wish to enact change there are better ways to do so such as reaching out through a support ticket to find out what this server may or may not be doing to comply with the EULA.

Secondly you offer a means for resolution that someone I presume the owner might be forgiven for not complying with EULA because YOU have reported them to Mojang. If you do your research that has almost never been the case with servers who have been warned to comply with the EULA something I am certain you do not know in general let alone in regards to this server.

Thirdly the legality of what the majority of servers do is tied up in the EULA but comparing a company’s end user license agreement to the everyday laws is silly and not in the same realm in the slightest. You can suggest all you like but you offer no solution or plan for how the server might accomplish this and in addition to this I am also certain you have not spent much time on Manacube and have no idea how it functions as a community or a minecraft server.

Finally I’d love to see you suggest positive action as a post of ominous warning will achieve literally nothing except engaging me. Also your tribalistic approach to why would I follow rules made by a rule breaker is an interesting theorem and one you should look at how it apply to real world laws and precedents and how they are enforced.

Raptor

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Hello,

I would like to clear up your claims here.

We recently removed our P2W element from our Factions Server. With the updated EULA server policy being much more lenient, all our gamemodes were complaint apart from Factions. Due to this change, factions should now be compliant with EULA.

You can read the full post explaining this all here > https://manacube.com/threads/removing-p2w-from-factions.57809/

I will be locking this thread as this is no matter to debate or argue over, we have already clarified our position on the matter.

Best Wishes,
Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.