MANARAY [KitPvP]

Ratings
I am no expert on this topic yet, I was falsely banned recently [hopefully admins will help me on this one o.o] and it was by the bot "MANARAY", I have noticed many hackers on the server, reported most but they are toggling on and off [so admins and mods are unable to ban them], it is quite obvious if you play long enough with them. I have constantly seen people getting banned while I am fighting them mid-combat and just disappearing without dropping anything.

1: I think that when banned, players should drop what is in their inventory, not just disappear. [If Gset(God set p3 dia armour sharp 3 fire 2) player is killed by a hacker, and the items are picked up, is it really fair for that Gset player to lose all of his/her things or that all of the items just disappear?]

2: I think MANARAY should be improved: It may lead to more false bans such as mine, but unless a player is a hacker/cheater, they will most likely appeal for an unban.

3: Reachers/kill aura/aimbot - I suspect MANARAY has been made for teleport hacks, speed hacks and reach hacks. [These are all obvious hacks and should be banned easily] yet I have noticed many hoppers in the server [They are very easy to spot]. The things that MANARAY is incapable of banning are: Reach Aimbot Bow-Hacks Bhopping and quite a lot of other things.

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
hiya - unban appeals can be made here if you want to appeal for ur false manaray ban - https://manacube.com/forums/ban-appeals/ since i believe those are permanent on whichever subserver you got flagged on

for 1 it would be fair to find a way for players killed by hackers to get their items back but there isn't an extremely good solution for this since its hard to determine who had what unless there's video evidence - also if the banned players drop their items they'd lose their items after the unban (if not permanent/appealed) which wouldn't be fair if their ban was not duping/item related

2 agreed - its possible that hackers will still try to appeal but there isnt a perfect anticheat and all anticheats (including manaray) can always be improved

3 unsure on what its made to detect/not detect but all i know is block nuking is not detected so that could be added as well

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
358 108
I am no expert on this topic yet, I was falsely banned recently [hopefully admins will help me on this one o.o] and it was by the bot "MANARAY", I have noticed many hackers on the server, reported most but they are toggling on and off [so admins and mods are unable to ban them], it is quite obvious if you play long enough with them. I have constantly seen people getting banned while I am fighting them mid-combat and just disappearing without dropping anything.

1: I think that when banned, players should drop what is in their inventory, not just disappear. [If Gset(God set p3 dia armour sharp 3 fire 2) player is killed by a hacker, and the items are picked up, is it really fair for that Gset player to lose all of his/her things or that all of the items just disappear?]

2: I think MANARAY should be improved: It may lead to more false bans such as mine, but unless a player is a hacker/cheater, they will most likely appeal for an unban.

3: Reachers/kill aura/aimbot - I suspect MANARAY has been made for teleport hacks, speed hacks and reach hacks. [These are all obvious hacks and should be banned easily] yet I have noticed many hoppers in the server [They are very easy to spot]. The things that MANARAY is incapable of banning are: Reach Aimbot Bow-Hacks Bhopping and quite a lot of other things.
I agree with all of them especially with the 1st. They could configure CombatX (their combat log plugin) to make it so if someone gets banned they get punished, killed. Recently I have been training plugin configuration and know that this is possible.

chrisily

Donator
Ratings
+1

The manaray module is still in development, and I'd love to see this implemented on all subservers with some form of PVP

ObamaBTW

PATRON
ObamaBTW
ObamaBTW
Patron
Ratings
26 4
-1 and I say this because of reason 1. Manaray is not a good anticheat. I was false banned before and got unbanned. Imagine if I was sitting at spawn and randomly banned with gsets on me. His is that fair?

LSA2

ELITE
LSA2
LSA2
ELITE
Ratings
I see 1-2 issues with this and I think the first one would be, if the players been cheating for long enough, they could've used their hacks and farmed players at drop for cash, in which they could get some decently good stuff from, which would technically be "cheated" in cause they didn't earn it legit, the 2nd problem, as Obama said is if you get false banned with good stuff on you and lose it, that's not very fair.