map judging idea (request).

dogi

Ratings
so as a map creator, or builder, you always would like to know what did you do nice and what did you do wrong so im here to request a simple but good method to show the builder how to improve.
so the map judges should do something like this:
build:
jumps:
fun/enjoyability:
block choise:
decoration (if there is):
puting this statments in a scale of 1 to 10.
after that the map judge note of why it was rejected or accepted.
its just a request so that doesnt mean you should change how you judge.
that sed you can ignore this if you whant, and thank you for reading.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
I like the idea of this, but I feel a 1 to 10 scale would maybe be a bit too harsh. As a parkour map creator, I would prefer to get "Your detail needs some work, for that this map is Declined", then "Decoration: 1/10" as that would make be like "Welp, I suck at that then.". I feel the map judges are saying all the important things that they need to tell you why it is declined or accepted. The community tells you about you color choice, jump scheme, etc... Trust me.

dogi

Ratings
I like the idea of this, but I feel a 1 to 10 scale would maybe be a bit too harsh. As a parkour map creator, I would prefer to get "Your detail needs some work, for that this map is Declined", then "Decoration: 1/10" as that would make be like "Welp, I suck at that then.".
i agree whit that part, the rest... not always...

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
i agree whit that part, the rest... not always...
It really depends. The main people I have noticed giving advice are @Sans @Angel_Scarz @Nixi and of course the map judges. Though, its best to do your research before charging in to something, so it is also the players responsibility to figure out at least a bit, what they are doing. As for the judges, well each one sort of does it differently, so unless you have a specific one in mind, it sort of gets lost.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
This is the format I use. I change it up though haha.

( Please dont copy who I tag >.> )

Hello dear parkourist! My name is Tenshi and Im going to leave you some tips and comments about your parkour.
I will also state wiether or not I think it should be accepted, rejected, or reviewed.

Firstly, Theme.
I feel that this theme is ( unclear/clear ). ( insert theme specific comments ) The theme should include colors that are pleasing to the eye as well!
For example, A sponge and bedrock do not please the eye. An oak leave and a stone block, are pleasing. ( insert comments about the layout/design )

Secondly, Parkour.
View this thread here for help with jumps: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tive-mode/369499-parkour-creation-tips-tricks

Thirdly, Rank.
This parkour would be ranked easy/medium/hard/expert/insane because of ( insert comments ).

And Lastly, My comment.
This parkour should or should not be reviewing/accepted/denied because of (insert comments).
Reasons Why:

Thank you for submitting a parkour, Remember that this is not a final decision. The final decision will be made by Pokezelda, or Ham562. I'll let my fellow friends
and parkour map makers, @Nixi and @Pud96 give you some comments.

Thank you for your time. If this parkour is accepted/rejected, Remember that you can always submit another parkour, at another time.

~Tenshi