Rejected Map submission Flowerpot (Hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a -1
Positives:
  • The parkour is mostly varied and unique
Negatives:
  • The theme is somewhat unoriginal as we already have multiple flower themed maps
  • The parkour is too hard for a medium course
  • The parkour is too long for a medium course (I counted 66 jumps)
  • (With those being said, I believe this would be a better fit as a hard course)
  • The build is basic, with almost the entire thing being made out of wool
  • The parkour near the end is weirdly easy and repetitive, it feels like you ran out of ideas and just put filler jumps in
This map needs some work, but it has potential. Good luck!

f5w

Giving this a -1
Positives:
  • The parkour is mostly varied and unique
Negatives:
  • The theme is somewhat unoriginal as we already have multiple flower themed maps
  • The parkour is too hard for a medium course
  • The parkour is too long for a medium course (I counted 66 jumps)
  • (With those being said, I believe this would be a better fit as a hard course)
  • The build is basic, with almost the entire thing being made out of wool
  • The parkour near the end is weirdly easy and repetitive, it feels like you ran out of ideas and just put filler jumps in
This map needs some work, but it has potential. Good luck!
Thank you for your suggestions
  1. I changed the difficulty to Hard
  2. The parkour at the end is now less repetitive and less easy to fit the "Hard" atmosphere
Thank you for your suggestions!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Fw5,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we have several maps relating to flowers (Orchid, SpringFlowers.)
The build is a bit
plain, and it resembles pixel art quite a bit. I would recommend giving your flower a more defined shape, instead of being flat. I would also make the pot more cylindrical, so that it looks 3D.
The parkour has a decent amount of variety, but it does get a bit repetitive, typically with the use of cakes, ladders, and glass panes. I recommend incorporating different jump styles throughout the whole build. Also, please note that glass pane jumps that aren't attached to anything aren't allowed, so you'll need to change those jumps. The parkour is floating a majority of the time (meaning it isn't attached to the build,) which makes it look kind of messy. However, the map fits the hard difficulty quite nicely, so good job on that!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.