Rejected Nintendo 64 (Mario) Hard/Extreme Parkour!

Zycho

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Mxller
Mxller
MVP+
Ratings
64 10
Hello Map Judges!

My name is Syc but y'all can call me Corey. I decided to make a Parkour based around Mario and Nintendo. I know this is slightly unoriginal but it's my first build. Here's a list of the features;

• 102 Jumps!
  • 6 Large Pixel Arts
  • Ladder Parkour Jumps
  • Fence Parkour Jumps
  • Barriers so there's no cheating.
  • A lot of character!
I would say this is either 'Hard or Extreme' due to the amount of jumps and hard gaps between fences and ladders.

Here's some images;

-

-

-

If you'd like to take a look at it yourself, then feel free to come down to it on the Creative Server! My IGN is 'Syc' and it's on my second plot.

Well Judges, I hope my parkour as had a good impression on you and hopefully it gets accepted!

If you have any inquiries about it, feel free to message me in-game or on the forums or just reply to this thread.

Thanks a bunch for the opportunity to apply my Parkour!

Best Regards,
Syc / Corey.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Damn, you put my mario block to shame with those textures... Then again, I was going modern, you were going classic ;)

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
The barriers do not work at their job. I can drop from the piston by the first fire flower, all the way to the parkour AFTER the Mario Block. Not only that, but you can land on the barriers and use them to go for a joy ride around the course.

My recommendation, next time you submit a course, make it go upwards instead. It gives you more control over where the player has to go. The only way a course works going downwards is if you confine the player to rooms, or you make the parkour just well enough so that no cheating is possible.

Also, try not to make ladder parkour on the wall of your plot. Try to make it floating with the rest of the course, as we don't want a random giant plot wall of stone bricks coming along into schematics if a map is accepted.

For these reasons, the map has been rejected, although the art was well done. You prefer clays...

~ Billy