Parkourse - SpawnPK System

Should the Mods think about this system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ratings
This post is regarding the spawn parkour system in Parkourse. The SpawnPK system is already great as is, but the amount of mana you get per 25 levels is a bit low. I'm not saying it's wrong to have it like that, but I feel like there should be at least a bit more of a reward. Why? Because it doesn't have checkpoints as the other types of parkour do. Personally, I'd suggest keeping the 5 Mana reward, but I feel like the level to get that reward should at least be lowered to about 10 to 15. If not, then there could be a situation where you can earn between 5 to 10 mana per minute you survive on the spawn parkour.

I don't know if this will be recognized or not, but if it will, then I hope the moderators can discuss this. If it's rejected in the discussion, that's fine too. These are merely just small suggestions that I don't have control over.

Best regards,
Dante__TehWolfie

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
I actually agree with you a lot! The mana you receive per 25 jumps is pretty low, but it can just be replaced with getting mana with like every 15 or 20 jumps. But I think the only thing to think about is what you said, where you could get mana for every minute you survive on the spawn parkour. But this could be easily taken advantage of since many players just afk and get in the way of other players trying to do parkour.
I also think there should be a small prize when you get to 1000 jumps instead of just getting the Jumper tag, considering it takes so long and so much hard work to get it. I can't even get to 200 jumps :p. But I do like these ideas!

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I think the reason the reward is so little is because they are looking to hopefully revamp the reward system come the update? Just a hopeful guess.

Ratings
I actually agree with you a lot! The mana you receive per 25 jumps is pretty low, but it can just be replaced with getting mana with like every 15 or 20 jumps. But I think the only thing to think about is what you said, where you could get mana for every minute you survive on the spawn parkour. But this could be easily taken advantage of since many players just afk and get in the way of other players trying to do parkour.
I also think there should be a small prize when you get to 1000 jumps instead of just getting the Jumper tag, considering it takes so long and so much hard work to get it. I can't even get to 200 jumps :p. But I do like these ideas!
Precisely! I too can barely get to 200, but that isn't the point here. I do see now why surviving each minute would be a bad idea, but if that idea ever comes into play, then the AFK kick timer shoulder be reduced to about 1 or 2 minutes instead of 10 to 20.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Personally, I think the mana received from Spawn PK currently is fine. I presume the reason it's so low to begin with is because we would rather players earn mana and get the most satisfaction from completing actual maps- while Spawn PK is all about consistency, all the jumps are normal blocks, and ultimately are a lot easier compared to (especially modern) parkour maps. If you received mana for every 10 jumps, you'd be receiving about the same amount of mana doing 30 jumps on Spawn PK rather than doing an easy map that is potentially more difficult. That's of course with no donor rank.
It's a tough balance, but I think to keep the emphasis on normal maps and champ maps as well as droppers, Spawn PK can't be too rewarding. Not that I'm opposed to getting more Mana though ;)

Ratings
Personally, I think the mana received from Spawn PK currently is fine. I presume the reason it's so low to begin with is because we would rather players earn mana and get the most satisfaction from completing actual maps- while Spawn PK is all about consistency, all the jumps are normal blocks, and ultimately are a lot easier compared to (especially modern) parkour maps. If you received mana for every 10 jumps, you'd be receiving about the same amount of mana doing 30 jumps on Spawn PK rather than doing an easy map that is potentially more difficult. That's of course with no donor rank.
It's a tough balance, but I think to keep the emphasis on normal maps and champ maps as well as droppers, Spawn PK can't be too rewarding. Not that I'm opposed to getting more Mana though ;)
Understandable! Thanks for the feedback Quinny!