Ratings
• Introduction
• Starting off
• Island Levels/Leveling Up
• Profit
• Gaining Attention
• Designing Your Island
Introduction
Hello and welcome to my Skyblock guide! This guide will go in depth on how to become a successful Skyblock player. While I am definitely not the "ultimate" Skyblock player, I still have experiences and some tips to share with others. If you have anything else to add, be sure to leave it down below! I'd love to get some feedback on my guide and how to make it better.
Remember to read the rules before playing Skyblock. I have provided a few quick links for you so you can have easy access.

Offical Rules
Forums Rules
Allowed/Disallowed Modifications

Starting Off
When you begin, you need to create an island! To do this, simply type /is into the chat. You will get two options, the Starting Island and the Classic Island. Depending on what you choose, you will have a different level to start off with (We'll discuss this later). You will have a few things in your starter chest, what we will be focusing on is the lava and the ice. Below I have provided a short tutorial on how to create a cobblestone generator! If you happen to create obsidian instead of cobblestone, you can simply right click the obsidian with a bucket and it will turn back into the lava.

Island Levels/Leveling Up
As I had said above, your level will be affected depending on the island you initially chose. To see your current island level, do /is level. If you chose the Starting Island, you will begin with the level 219. If you chose the Classic Island, you will start off with the level 0. While island levels don't have huge advantages, they do look pretty cool and might give you more attention than people with no level at all. You can read the values of each block by clicking this helpful thread made by @Purple4me here. Starting off getting high leveled blocks is hard, as you might not have made any profit yet. Voting daily is very helpful when needing to get blocks and money!

Profit
You can't continue building up your island, leveling up, etc. by simply voting every day and hoping to score some money. You'll need to learn to farm both mobs and crops! Coming from the community, iron golem and pumpkin farms are the best ways to make a profit. However, there are so many other farms such as melon, wheat, zombie, cactus and the list goes on. Once you have created your farm and started to gather the entities, you can create a profit shop! Here, players can sell and buy the items from your farm. To create your shop, take a sign and follow this formula:
Username
Item Quantity
Buy/Sell (B/S) [Price] // B [price]:[price] S (Thank you @sparkypi! :))
Item Name
On YouTube, you are able to find how to create any profit shop imaginable. Please keep in mind that some profit shops are extremely expensive and time-consuming. Pick wisely on what you want to create! :)

Gaining Attention
Hooray! You've created a working profit shop and you're making process up the ladder of levels. Now you need to actually make some profit. Gaining attention and profit farms go hand and hand, so much so I had to contemplate on making this just one big paragraph! Attention towards your shop(s) is very important if you want to make any sort of profit. To get attention, make friends or just be active in the community. Be known as that player who has one of the best profit shops on the server. You could even advertise your island a little bit (Don't spam the chat, or other players. Keep it to a minimum.) Maybe add some parkour to your island! Just make it a fun place for players to hang out. I guarantee that you'll gain some attention to your island one way or another.

Designing Your Island
Skyblock doesn't always need to be work. You can also just have fun, make it your own! I feel as though a lot of players forget this aspect of the same, and that really is too bad. Designing your island can be challenging but also a fun experience. Having an original island won't only be fun for you, but also fun for the players around you! Just remember to enjoy yourself while on Skyblock, because that's what Skyblock really is all about.

Thanks for reading my Skyblock guide!
Have a great day,
Peachiie
(Thank you @Wafflethecat for proof reading this!)

Last edited:

Archon

MVP+
archonists
archonists
MVP+
Ratings
73 1
This is a very detailed guide, and I can tell that you put a lot of effort and work into it. While I don't play Skyblock myself, I'm sure people will find this useful if they're new. ;p

Ratings
This is a very detailed guide, and I can tell that you put a lot of effort and work into it. While I don't play Skyblock myself, I'm sure people will find this useful if they're new. ;p
Thanks so much!
Wow this is really helpful. I don't play much but when I do it is nice to have some knowledge about what I'm doing. Thanks for that :)
I really appreciate the feedback :) It's great to know that people will put this guide to use!

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
Very good guide for beginners! This guide will be sure to help those starting out.

One thing I noticed, just a tiny thing, is the
Spoiler: Formula
Username
Item Quantity
Buy/Sell (B/S) [Price]
Item Name
part.

The only thing I would change is it's:
B [price]:[price] S
ex. B 200:100 S
if you want a full shop where people can both buy and sell items, and where either side is optional, meaning you could have one or both of either side, both are not required.

Again, just a tiny edit, but before I knew the formula, it was a pain to try to get these to work. It's important to note the colon and the placement of the B and S around the price. I once tried doing B (price):S (price), for instance, before I knew how it worked, and that didn't work too well.

Again, thank you for making this guide!

Ratings
Very good guide for beginners! This guide will be sure to help those starting out.

One thing I noticed, just a tiny thing, is the

part.

The only thing I would change is it's:
B [price]:[price] S
ex. B 200:100 S
if you want a full shop where people can both buy and sell items, and where either side is optional, meaning you could have one or both of either side, both are not required.

Again, just a tiny edit, but before I knew the formula, it was a pain to try to get these to work. It's important to note the colon and the placement of the B and S around the price. I once tried doing B (price):S (price), for instance, before I knew how it worked, and that didn't work too well.

Again, thank you for making this guide!
Thanks for your input! I'll be sure to edit the guide and add this shortly :)