Phoxius and the New MineVast.

Phoxius

Donator
Ratings
54 7
Hello ladies and gents of the MineVast forums.

Today I have decided to create a formal response and display my opinion on the new donation system.

Firstly, this is a huge update. Any update that tampers with a servers' donors is risky, and potentially devastating. It is important to understand,
a server is run on donations. The donors of a server are the single reason why the server is alive, unless the server is owned by someone with an income high enough to pay for the server. None the less, 99% of the time, donations fund servers.

When reading the many forum posts complaining about the abundance of lost perks, I came to a general conclusion. Many of us are upset that we now conform. There is very little differentiation between donors, your everyday MineVast passer-by-er, and some would say even staff now. However, most of us fail to realize just how difficult the situation is for the owners of MineVast. Dacon and Dynsalir both have struggled in a never ending battle against Mojang's EULA, a platform hell-bent on removing all "pay to win" aspects of Minecraft.

THIS UPDATE IS NOT THEIR FAULT.

There is no way our fellow owners could have ever seen this EULA update coming, and I applaud them for handling it with such responsibility and quickness. MineVast would be blacklisted as of right now, had these changes not been made with such haste. Be grateful that we have owners who want to see a thriving community.

And as for those who resist change, this was beyond MineVast's control. Permitted or not, change will always come.

Thank you,
Phoxius

Last edited:
Ratings
6 1
I agree with you, it's tough not knowing what will happen with the EULA. They did an excellent job!

Last edited:

JuanitoG

Forum Expert
MVP+
JuanitoG
JuanitoG
MVP+
Ratings
448 5
This is exactly what needs to be said. As this ELUA thing is out of our control. @Phoxius I applaud you on making this post as it really should get out to those people who hate what MineVast did. It was truly out of their control and had to do what was best for the server. I really appreciate what you did here. ALL HAIL PHOXIUS xD

Best regards, JuanitoG

Phoxius

Donator
Ratings
54 7
I agree with you, it's tough not knowing what will happen with the EULA. The did an excellent job!
Nice to see people agree!
[DOUBLEPOST=1471294149][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is exactly what needs to be said. As this ELUA thing is out of our control. @Phoxius I applaud you on making this post as it really should get out to those people who hate what MineVast did. It was truly out of their control and had to do what was best for the server. I really appreciate what you did here. ALL HAIL PHOXIUS xD

Best regards, JuanitoG
Thank you Juanito, It is extremely important to look at the positives in any situtation, I am just glad MineVast is still a working server.

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
What you just said is what staff has been trying to say since the update.

This update was the only option Dacon and Dyn had to keep Minevast from being blacklisted.

Thank you for understating and being supportive of the change, and taking the time to make this thread.

Phoxius

Donator
Ratings
54 7
What you just said is what staff has been trying to say since the update.

This update was the only option Dacon and Dyn had to keep Minevast from being blacklisted.

Thank you for understating and being supportive of the change, and taking the time to make this thread.
Sometimes the same speech is best heard from a different voice; I am glad I could help!

Last edited:

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
Everything here is perfectly said.

I would recommend this thread for players who are still having a hard time understanding this whole concept.

Like Cheech has said, this is what us staff have been trying to say for a while now. Clearly, you are better with words than most of us. :p

Phoxius

Donator
Ratings
54 7
Everything here is perfectly said.

I would recommend this thread for players who are still having a hard time understanding this whole concept.

Like Cheech has said, this is what us staff have been trying to say for a while now. Clearly, you are better with words than most of us. :p
Words are my specialty. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Phoxius

Donator
Ratings
54 7