Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Theme/Design: For the theme, we've already got plenty of video game/game type themes that unfortunately look quite similar to your parkour map submission, unfortunately from my point of view your theme is unoriginal. For the detail, it's alright at the front but the rest of it is pretty bland and there isn't much detail put into it, unfortunately.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the parkour difficulty I would say that it matches that of a medium map, I suggest adding more harder jumps though if you're aiming for a medium map submission, for the variety your parkour is unfortunately quite bland, you've got a couple of blocks that are unique but all of the jumps feel like they're in stages and not really natural, also I suggest adding some more unique parkour jumps.

Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Redfiregem,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we already have a map themed after a pinball machine in the hard difficulty called PinBall, this is not an originally themed submission. In the future, I recommend checking out the PK list to make sure you don't recycle old maps/themes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: In my opinion, the build is not that bad. It definitely looks like a pinball machine and has pretty good detailing/shaping. The main reason for it being a bad build is because it looks just like the map PinBall. And, you could also work on not having so much floating parkour hindering the attractiveness of the build.
  • Parkour: The parkour was too long for an easy but too easy for a medium, so you're gonna have to choose a difficulty (it can't be either or) and stick to its length/difficulty. Regarding the parkour's variety, it felt rather nonexistent. There were multiple repetitive segments and jumps (for example, the ice segment at the beginning or the ladder segment further on the map). You have to use a wider variety of blocks/jumps so that your parkour is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.