zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
On the map submission format thread, it says that single iron bars should be banned. I perfectly understand that, however, I feel like it would be better to just either allow these or make certain changes to these rules.

I get that the intention of this is to prevent block glitches in the newer versions, this shouldn't be necessary at all as the intended version for this server is 1.8.9. Since this is the version that's supposed to be used, there shouldn't have to be restrictions to allow for users that use an incorrect version to have the same experience. If any issues come from using 1.12, that would be the user's problem for not using the correct version, not the server's for not imposing restrictions on the recommended version. Although the server uses a variety of versions, the parkour recommends 1.8, so it should be mainly for 1.8. It should allow the use of all 1.8 features without any restrictions to prevent issues for people playing on unrecommended versions.

Additionally, even if you don't believe that the restrictions should be removed, there is no doubt there needs to be an update on the rules. In some maps, I have seen the use of air jump blip ups. The only issue with this, is that these are not possible in 1.14+. However, there are no rules banning the use of these. Furthermore, any 1.5 block gap that is intended to be treated like a wall would also be an issue, as due to 1.14 sneak, it may cause the player to move under such ceiling, causing bad lag issues if one were to attempt sneaking against it. Although this isn't the biggest issue, it demonstrates how a ban on single panes is inconsistent. Another example, although not big, is ladders. In versions 1.9+, the tangible part of ladders becomes the same thickness as trapdoors, while in 1.8 the ladders are 0.062 b less. While this may not seem like much, it does add/subtract difficulty in some jumps, including: Jumps that require you to land ON a ladder, a hh where the 2bc is extended by a ladder, a jump where ladder is used to extend the length of the starting block, a neo with ladder blockage on any side, etc. This is especially a big deal on hard insane maps, as it can really alter the difficulty of a level.

Overall, the rules surrounding banned blocks need to either be changed, or removed all together. I hope you understand and really consider this. It would just be a good improvement to the regulations surrounding map making. Thanks.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
On the map submission format thread, it says that single iron bars should be banned. I perfectly understand that, however, I feel like it would be better to just either allow these or make certain changes to these rules.

I get that the intention of this is to prevent block glitches in the newer versions, this shouldn't be necessary at all as the intended version for this server is 1.8.9. Since this is the version that's supposed to be used, there shouldn't have to be restrictions to allow for users that use an incorrect version to have the same experience. If any issues come from using 1.12, that would be the user's problem for not using the correct version, not the server's for not imposing restrictions on the recommended version. Although the server uses a variety of versions, the parkour recommends 1.8, so it should be mainly for 1.8. It should allow the use of all 1.8 features without any restrictions to prevent issues for people playing on unrecommended versions.

Additionally, even if you don't believe that the restrictions should be removed, there is no doubt there needs to be an update on the rules. In some maps, I have seen the use of air jump blip ups. The only issue with this, is that these are not possible in 1.14+. However, there are no rules banning the use of these. Furthermore, any 1.5 block gap that is intended to be treated like a wall would also be an issue, as due to 1.14 sneak, it may cause the player to move under such ceiling, causing bad lag issues if one were to attempt sneaking against it. Although this isn't the biggest issue, it demonstrates how a ban on single panes is inconsistent. Another example, although not big, is ladders. In versions 1.9+, the tangible part of ladders becomes the same thickness as trapdoors, while in 1.8 the ladders are 0.062 b less. While this may not seem like much, it does add/subtract difficulty in some jumps, including: Jumps that require you to land ON a ladder, a hh where the 2bc is extended by a ladder, a jump where ladder is used to extend the length of the starting block, a neo with ladder blockage on any side, etc. This is especially a big deal on hard insane maps, as it can really alter the difficulty of a level.

Overall, the rules surrounding banned blocks need to either be changed, or removed all together. I hope you understand and really consider this. It would just be a good improvement to the regulations surrounding map making. Thanks.

I think I should add on to this but the admins/dacon/devs should make a plugin to where you need to be on the specific version for parkour otherwise it will kick you out and be like (do not use 1.9+,use 1.8-1.8.9) its simple as that but they are very busy and have other problems to fix. I did hear though that Dacon is working super hard on Parkour and Survival. Trust Me, let Dacon do what he can to make this server a better place

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I think I should add on to this but the admins/dacon/devs should make a plugin to where you need to be on the specific version for parkour otherwise it will kick you out and be like (do not use 1.9+,use 1.8-1.8.9) its simple as that but they are very busy and have other problems to fix. I did hear though that Dacon is working super hard on Parkour and Survival. Trust Me, let Dacon do what he can to make this server a better place
Although I do agree making parkour version restricted could fix this problem. I feel it would cause more issues. The most played version on manacube is 1.15, so if someone who plays another gamemode wants to play parkour, they have to close their game, change version, then come back. That's a large deterant to play the game. Also, as minecraft moves forward, new versions, block, and items will be added. Soon, keeping the server on 1.8 would make it obsolete.

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
I get where you're coming from but the banned blocks list is at a minimum to provide the best gameplay experience for as many as possible. By changing these rules it could cause issues for those quickly popping over from other servers, those who may not want to switch versions and really just isn't necessary - how often do people really tend to use single iron bars anyway? They look messy in 1.8.9 and are not fun to use in later versions.

As for players who may have issues with other blocks/jumps, they aren't so much of an issue, typically if a player is doing maps where they're expected to perform a blip-up they would already be in 1.8.9- it's not often players get past a few easy maps without realising its irritating to play in higher versions, let alone find themselves in front of a blip-up in 1.15. Again players who end up on insane maps are typically only going to be playing in 1.8.9 and if they want to change versions to adjust their hitbox by 0.062 they can go for it, it's not exactly a gamebreaking experience.

The rules on banned blocks are, in my opinion, appropriate for providing a medium ground between those in the right version and those not, there are 2 blocks banned because of version issues, and that's only when used as a single block. I understand the concerns about shift glitches in later versions but jump potions exist on parkour, any 1.5 high block is already skippable, regardless of versions, and if players face lag issues as you said, that would be the user's problem for not using the correct version- and they shouldn't be attempting to skip/glitch anyway!