[PSA] 4 Tips to make MineVast forums a better place!

JuanitoG

Forum Expert
MVP+
JuanitoG
JuanitoG
MVP+
Ratings
448 5
My reason behind this post is some players (not saying names) have been negatively impacting MineVast forums. This is a guide on what you should do in the forums to make the forums a better place!

1) Be friendly towards the new players!

At some point, everyone started from the same place. Whether it's their first time playing MineCraft, navigating through the forums, or even a question that seems just plain silly, be respectable and considerate in how you communicate with others.

If you see a new user asking a silly question, you can politely point out to them that the question is something easily found by a quick search on a search engine or maybe answer the question without sounding like a a-hole. As you continue to be a part of the MineVast community longer and longer, it becomes easy to slide towards the idea that things are not how they used to be – but you should always keep in mind that this is what any community that is growing is like, and the worth of our community is not decided by the overall knowledge of the entire player base, but rather how we interact and treat each other as a community. Just by simply welcoming new players in their introductions or in game. Makes the feel more at home and part of a community!

You are a player. I am a player. The new guy who joined one minute ago? He is also a player. We all may be different, but we are united by our interest in either Minecraft, MineVast, or another realm of Minecraft. Sometimes all a new player needs is a helping hand to get on their feet, and after that, they grow themselves leaps and bounds. Through my time being in this community, I have seen this first-hand, and it never fails to make me smile.

Simply, be nice, we all started somewhere.

2) Contribute meaningful content
or… every thread should have a purpose

Every thread on MineVast should have some kind of apparent purpose behind it. Whether it's a submission for parkour, leaving a suggestion for the community, asking for help on a MineVast, getting community support with a build, or whatever it may be, make sure it has some kind of purpose!

A thread without a purpose is going to be something that just generates meaningless replies that require no effort or thinking on the replier's part. For example, a thread announcing that a user is leaving the forums is inappropriate, because usually the purpose is to create some sort of drama or make a silly point – the more appropriate place for this example would be on a profile post.

Just ask yourself before posting a thread, "Am I contributing something that can actually be discussed? Can people either reply intelligently or provide some kind of feedback to the thread's purpose? Am I breaking any rules?"

3) Be nice about peoples Parkour/Creative submissions.

This is a big one! I have seen it happening ever so often. That some players comment on some players parkour on how it "sucks, doesn't deserve to be in the server, it was copied off the internet" REALLY? People spend countless hours working on theses builds/submissions and your bringing them down. This can really hurt someone as you bring them down and hurt there feelings in not wanting to try again. You wouldn't like it if you spent hours on a build, for someone just to come up and say it sucks and doesn't deserve to be on the server.

BOTTOM LINE IS: If YOU don't have something NICE to say, DON'T say ANYTHING at ALL! PERIOD!

4) Foster the value of what being a community means!

My final and most important point. I touched on this in #1, but we are a community. We are all players, and there's something magical about that. In my experience in the world of Minecraft, it has never failed to amaze me how accepting, welcoming, and fantastic the community around Minecraft can be. Some of you will call me out on that claim, but I am talking in the big picture, not a handful of examples. I think MineVast embodies the ideals of what it means to be a community.

For many of us, we've been using this forum for maybe… one, two, even three years? We've been together in this community for a while, and I've seen people learn more about their own potential by asking for questions… all of this brings us together at the end of the day. I won't go into the "sappiness" of it all, but in some ways, we are all a giant, sometimes dysfunctional family. And that's awesome.

My point and case is, it's important for us as community to embrace others both old and new into our community and work towards being a friendly, welcoming place for people who are either learning the in's and out's of Minecraft, and just having fun on MineVast!

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and make MineVast forums a better place!

If you have any suggestions please let me know!

Last edited:

LUL

Ratings
32 3
Hi JuanitoG,

This is a very nice thread you made here! I love that you want to make MineVast a better place. I used to be sometimes a little rude to some people. However, now I decided "It's time to STOP Squishy!!" and I slowly, but surely changed my behavior.

Thanks for posting such a positive thing here on the MineVast Forums :)

JuanitoG

Forum Expert
MVP+
JuanitoG
JuanitoG
MVP+
Ratings
448 5
Hi JuanitoG,

This is a very nice thread you made here! I love that you want to make MineVast a better place. I used to be sometimes a little rude to some people. However, now I decided "It's time to STOP Squishy!!" and I slowly, but surely changed my behavior.

Thanks for posting such a positive thing here on the MineVast Forums :)
Thank you!

denomaniac

Donator
Ratings
74 1
Good job. I am very glad you took the time to make a wonderful thread that spreads positive thoughts to the MineVast community. :)

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
JaunitoG firstly I would like to thank you for making this thread.

I have to agree sometimes people need to be nicer and kinder to eachother. I personally try my best to be as welcoming and kind to newcomers. I also try to give great feedback to maps/parkours. Giving good contributions to the community isn't necessary from them, although it is a great thing to do. I'm glad you made this thread because there are lots of rude people that make our community a bit less friendly. I hope people see this thread and learn from it.

Thanks for putting your time and effort into this. This was greatly needed and very well done.

Last edited:

JuanitoG

Forum Expert
MVP+
JuanitoG
JuanitoG
MVP+
Ratings
448 5
Good job. I am very glad you took the time to make a wonderful thread that spreads positive thoughts to the MineVast community. :)
Thank you!
JaunitoG firstly I would like to thank you for making this thread.

I have to agree sometimes people need to be nicer and kinder to eachother. I personally try my best to be as welcoming and kind to newcomers. I also try to give great feedback to maps/parkours. Giving good contributions to the community isn't necessary from them, although it is a great thing to do. I'm glad you made this thread because there are lots of rude people that make our community a bit less friendly. I hope people see this thread and learn from it.

Thanks for putting your time and effort into this. This was greatly needed and very well done.
Thanks!!