Question about a certain Rule.

Ratings
This isn't a rule but I was wondering. If someone were to take a item say Pickaxe and rename it something that's copy righted. Would that be Banable? (For example. A player names their sword Ubisoft)

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
I don't think it is bannable, atleast ever never heard of something like that being bannable. Don't take my word on it, but like I said I don't believe it is.

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
There's no rule against naming an item something that's copyrighted. Y'know, unless Ubisoft fancy taking it up with people renaming their diamond axes that :p.

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Hello, great question. To answer this thoroughly. There are two scenarios where this is not copyright infringement.

1.) Due to this following under "Fair Use." A person is allowed to use copyrighted material for the purpose of, "criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research." If you can make an argument as to how renaming a tool to a copyrighted name follows one of these. You'll be fine under Fair Use.

2.) Secondly, because of the way Minecraft servers work. They "technically" don't have to follow certain portions of The Constitution. For example, Minecraft Servers have the right to limit your use of free speech. Thus, Minecraft players don't need to follow Copyright laws. That and the fact that copyright is made by you taking something without permission and taking credit for it. No one thinks you own the Name of "Ubisoft," and as long as you don't take credit for the name...then.

Bam Loophole!

Hope I could help - GoldenGaming (_GoldenAiming)

Ratings
Hello, great question. To answer this thoroughly. There are two scenarios where this is not copyright infringement.

1.) Due to this following under "Fair Use." A person is allowed to use copyrighted material for the purpose of, "criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research." If you can make an argument as to how renaming a tool to a copyrighted name follows one of these. You'll be fine under Fair Use.

2.) Secondly, because of the way Minecraft servers work. They "technically" don't have to follow certain portions of The Constitution. For example, Minecraft Servers have the right to limit your use of free speech. Thus, Minecraft players don't need to follow Copyright laws. That and the fact that copyright is made by you taking something without permission and taking credit for it. No one thinks you own the Name of "Ubisoft," and as long as you don't take credit for the name...then.

Bam Loophole!

Hope I could help - GoldenGaming (_GoldenAiming)
Ya thanks a lot!

Leapinglizard101

MVP+
leapinglizard101
leapinglizard101
MVP+
Ratings
17 2
I don't believe so, it falls under Fair Use
#notarule