Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,755 83
Recent/Current downtime explanation

Recently MineVast’s backend IPs have been receiving large scaled DDoS attacks which our hosting provider was not able to mitigate. In result of this, we have switched to a separate entity for DDoS protection, however that doesn’t stop the current attacks. We have already moved the proxy and hub server to a separate IP/box, but Creative, the website, and Skywars still remain on the vulnerable box. These will be moved to a different machine today.

We’ve updated our IP’s and name servers twice now, so if you cannot connect to mc.minevast.com, please try flushing your DNS.

How to do it on Windows: http://www.hostmysite.com/support/info/flushdns/

How to do it on OSX: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516

If you’re currently experiencing random disconnects, we are actively trying to solve this problem as well, as it may have to do with OVH’s vac system interfering with the new DDoS protection we are under now.

We are sorry for the constant downtime MineVast has had over the past week, although this can only make us a stronger and more secure network. We will be releasing Creative 3.0 hopefully this weekend, a long with some new surprise updates shortly after.

Follow @MineVast on twitter for status updates incase you cannot reach the website.

craftian6

Dedicated Member
Ratings
16 4
just a nooby question, whats a DDos .-.
and also i dont know how to flush a toilet.. I Mean DNS (lazy)

Last edited:
Ratings
I love thi server and I even bought preuim plz fix mv soon I really want it so I do not get lagged out every min.

cheeseboy

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
80 9
yeah.... this is one heck of a thing i'll make:
First off, MV is my favorite server and fills a huge gap in my heart (srsly... ik when it's back on or not) when it went down for 9 hours, i was quite upset and thought: MineVast is GONE!
Second off: (2 things thrown into one) Somehow the on and off thing might... yeah... make me not come often... no offense, this server is awesome in all, once i find a server, i stick with it, then i have the addiction to get the highest rank... (did that for 3 servers...) and i almost ditched one server for almost 3 months... YIKES! ANOTHER reason why this is my favorite server is many things... one: one of my BFFs left one server and couldn't find him again... so that made me make me come here more OFTEN! Two: there is good people on here that is rarely seen anywhere else!
Lastly, i hope this gets fixed (not a command, just a wish) soon... or i might go wondering for more good servers... :( i don't want to ditch this server!!!
oh yeah... have you seen my skin? he looks crossed-eyed XD

cheeseboy

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
80 9
Hey, when you try to connect to the server and it says "could not connect to the fallback servers" is that when you have to reset your DNS
no.... i tried it before... it failed and still won't work

Michael_

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
71 6
Dacon stop speaking nerd. I didn't understand any of this
As a nerd, I will explain to what he means.

DDoS is where 2 or more computers send gibberish to an IP (which is a number assigned to your router) and overload it to the point where it shuts down. People threaten to do this but actually don't know how to do it. They can only do it if they have your IP.

Reminder: DDoSing is illegal.

just a nooby question, whats a DDos .-.
and also i dont know how to flush a toilet.. I Mean DNS (lazy)
Asking what DDoS isn't a nooby question. Actually, not a lot of people know it. People who know computers well know about it.

Quoting from myself,
DDoS is where 2 or more computers send gibberish to an IP (which is a number assigned to your router) and overload it to the point where it shuts down.

cheeseboy

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
80 9
i swear... that bug looked real lel
i was hitting my TV like crap