• Nopeee.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkamonk13 (Kaitlyn)

Donator
Ratings
71 4
I am honestly pissed about this update. Yes I understand EULA has part in it but MineVast is not going to be the same. Why do prefixes have to be gone? I personally have bought and won prefixes and its just unfair. I have spent time and money on this server and it seems to just be a waste. Stupidest update yet. I hope everything gets resolved. Rip MineVast. :(

HiaFelix | Felix

Ratings
45 4
I am honestly pissed about this update. Yes I understand EULA has part in it but MineVast is not going to be the same. Why do prefixes have to be gone? I personally have bought and won prefixes and its just unfair. I have spent time and money on this server and it seems to just be a waste. Stupidest update yet. I hope everything gets resolved. Rip MineVast. :(
R.I.P Minevast? I personally like the update..tbh. Yes you may have spent money on it but would you rather have this update or have Minevast be Temp/Perm down..Dacon is trying his best to save the server from being blacklisted..We cant do anything about it..

Monkamonk13 (Kaitlyn)

Donator
Ratings
71 4
R.I.P Minevast? I personally like the update..tbh. Yes you may have spent money on it but would you rather have this update or have Minevast be Temp/Perm down..Dacon is trying his best to save the server from being blacklisted..We cant do anything about it..
Is EULA targeting MineVast because I have seen a lot of other servers not take ranks away/perks and more.

Ratings
10 3
I'm sure people will settle into the new update - The update isn't the greatest, yes however rules are rules. If Minevast didn't comply with EULA then there would be no Minevast.

I'm sure we will all survive ;)

Kruw

Ratings
38 3
I know I'll get dislikes for this but...

You understand that if they didn't adapt to the EULA rules, the server will go down? People don't understand how strict the EULA is. Working with a server who wasn't EULA complied, I know how it works, anything that gives an advantage over a player isn't allowed. As the EULA is getting stricter, it's more so now; no perks that enhance a more fundamental experience over another player, it sounds stupid but either comply or no server.

Aerophic

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
74 3

You understand that if they didn't adapt to the EULA rules, the server will go down? People don't understand how strict the EULA is. Working with a server who wasn't EULA complied, I know how it works, anything that gives an advantage over a player isn't allowed. As the EULA is getting stricter, it's more so now; no perks that enhance a more fundamental experience over another player, it sounds stupid but either comply or no server.
The thing is EULA didn't remove titles, Dacon did himself in-game.

Kruw

Ratings
38 3
I wasn't talking about prefixes. They got rid of other things too that were a part of the EULA comply. Just because you dislike the EULA doesn't mean you need to dislike my opinion about the EULA.

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
Yes, Mojang did target Minevast and it is unfair, this was because a player reported Minevast to Mojang for being against the EULA, or so he told me. So for now we can blame this person, that will stay anonymous please don't hate Dacon he did this so Minevast can stay alive and continue to be an awesome server.

Ratings

I agree with what you're saying but then why does Minevast even provide users with the option to buy ranks? As someone who has personally spent a lot of money on this server to recieve specific perks and then have the majority of them stripped away- I feel like I'm being robbed out of the money I spent. If the EULA tries to even the playing field then Minevast shouldn't even offer "ranks".

Kruw

Ratings
38 3
I agree with what you're saying but then why does Minevast even provide users with the option to buy ranks? As someone who has personally spent a lot of money on this server to recieve specific perks and then have the majority of them stripped away- I feel like I'm being robbed out of the money I spent. If the EULA tries to even the playing field then Minevast shouldn't even offer "ranks".
I do agree with what you're saying fully. I'm saying that people shouldn't be complaining that they're losing perks, there's nothing MineVast can do about it. I do agree it's unfair to people who bought things but EULA is changing things. If the EULA was strict back when MineVast started, this situation wouldn't be as confusing. If they completely removed ranks, MineVast would be filled with refunds and possibly suing.

Ratings
I do agree with what you're saying fully. I'm saying that people shouldn't be complaining that they're losing perks, there's nothing MineVast can do about it. I do agree it's unfair to people who bought things but EULA is changing things. If the EULA was strict back when MineVast started, this situation wouldn't be as confusing. If they completely removed ranks, MineVast would be filled with refunds and possibly suing.
Well Dacon should have developed a "Terms and Conditions" for store purchases then to make users aware that ranks change as the EULA changes. I think people are complaining because they weren't aware that things had the possibility to change or notified of any possible future change when purchasing a rank.

Kruw

Ratings
38 3
Well Dacon should have developed a "Terms and Conditions" for store purchases then to make users aware that ranks change as the EULA changes. I think people are complaining because they weren't aware that things had the possibility to change or notified of any possible future change when purchasing a rank.
It's very possibly people are complaining for that reason. In saying that, people ranting and saying "#MakeMineVastGreatAgain" isn't going to change anything. What EULA says, MineVast must follow. You can't make something great again if it can't be great again, being a new player and all, I think MineVast is great now.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
If MineVast were to not comply with the EULA, it would be blacklisted until we comply with it.

Not too sure what you guys mean by prefixes, but if you mean titles, I'm pretty sure those are staying. The only things that have been changing are the rank names and the perks that come with the ranks.

If you don't like the direction the server is going in, then leave. Nothing and no one is forcing you to stay, to purchase ranks, or to play on the network. Everything is your decision, you will never be forced to do anything unless you are breaking server rules.

I agree with what you're saying but then why does Minevast even provide users with the option to buy ranks?
There are ranks for you to purchase to support MineVast. Without ranks, there would be no server funds, resulting in the server having to be shut down.

You're correct, in a way. Once again, titles are not being removed. The only things that have changed in the most recent update have been the rank names, amount, and rank perks. The reason Dacon did this was to comply with the EULA simply because like most other servers, we don't want to be blacklisted. Yes, Dacon did this himself. But that's because he chose to comply with the EULA.

I'm sure people will settle into the new update - The update isn't the greatest, yes however rules are rules. If Minevast didn't comply with EULA then there would be no Minevast.

I'm sure we will all survive ;)
We will all survive. I don't know why you people are making such a big deal out of this. Again, if you don't like where the server is headed, then leave. I agree, this isn't the greatest update MineVast has ever had. But either way, MineVast is still a great server to play on.

Not all servers are going to stay the same for however long until they shut down. Servers change all the time, whether the Owner wants to or not. Whenever I purchase things for servers, it's more to SUPPORT the server, not to support myself. Getting perks in game is/was just an added bonus. I've spent quite a bit of money on MV, and I'm still happy. I don't care if I lose in-game perks or whatever, I just want to support the server. Again, you and no one is or ever will be forced to donate to the server. It's your choice, not ours. If you don't want to donate, that's okay, you can still play on the server.

Emmalouise

Forum Expert
MVP+
IEmmaLouiseI
IEmmaLouiseI
MVP+
Ratings
264 14
None of us knew that this would happen, so there could be no pre-warning.

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13
Is EULA targeting MineVast because I have seen a lot of other servers not take ranks away/perks and more.
They aren't targeting Minevast.
It's just some other servers probably don't have the perks that have been disallowed in the new EULA

Last edited:
Ratings
None of us knew that this would happen, so there could be no pre-warning.
Dacon as the owner of the server should have known that Minecraft has ability to update the game and EULA though. Minevast is considered an online vendor and any type of vendor or business- especially for an online game needs to have a "Terms and Conditions" to make its patrons aware ranks (or anything bought in store) are affected by the EULA. I know nobody had any clue that the EULA would tighten up to this extent but its still important as a business to evaluate any possible risks before selling anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.