BIG DOSSY (Dacon's Owner)

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
Yeah I legit reply to every post I see whether its a (hi) a (this is for a rewards) a (I need help please) or anything else I try to respond
yeah, i just think they see that you or me have replied to it and instantly think its just random spam, there is so many times ive clicked onto a random post from a new player asking for help and its only been replied to be you or dag. they could easily just open the thread and see what it is but they dont do that because they saw your name for example

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 298
yeah, i just think they see that you or me have replied to it and instantly think its just random spam, there is so many times ive clicked onto a random post from a new player asking for help and its only been replied to be you or dag. they could easily just open the thread and see what it is but they dont do that because they saw your name for example
Yeah u are right and b4 I was told to calm down on posts u could see people were responding to my posts and stuff but ever since I was told to chillout forums has lost many posts from ppl that ain’t me u or dag

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
Yeah u are right and b4 I was told to calm down on posts u could see people were responding to my posts and stuff but ever since I was told to chillout forums has lost many posts from ppl that ain’t me u or dag
yep and now people have more of a chance to see other threads, they still arent interacting with them

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,335 82
I can't exactly say I blame players for not wanting to interact with threads for the risk of having their notifications blown up due to conversations (like the one above) that doesn't really need to be had on a public forum, and instead could take place in DMs...

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 298
yep and now people have more of a chance to see other threads, they still arent interacting with them
From what I know there has been like 3 players who have complained 1 I know was specifically about me those 3 players have been playing for quite a while yet have less then 200 posts 2 of which having less then 30 posts… when I stopped posting as much as I was only 1 of the 3 has posted more then once since while the other 2 have only posted once and 0 times which I don’t get they were complaining abt not being able to post bc I was posting every second of every minute of every day but when I stop they don’t post ANYTHING it doesent make sense
Post automatically merged:

U mention the elite title poll if u would please look at when the last 2 were u will see the most recent was behind schedule and so is the one that should of been posted by now

Last edited:

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
I can't exactly say I blame players for not wanting to interact with threads for the risk of having their notifications blown up due to conversations (like the one above) that doesn't really need to be had on a public forum, and instead could take place in DMs...
they can turn notifications off in settings or unwatch a thread its its bothering them that people are replying to the public thread lmao

From what I know there has been like 3 players who have complained 1 I know was specifically about me those 3 players have been playing for quite a while yet have less then 200 posts 2 of which having less then 30 posts… when I stopped posting as much as I was only 1 of the 3 has posted more then once since while the other 2 have only posted once and 0 times which I don’t get they were complaining abt not being able to post bc I was posting every second of every minute of every day but when I stop they don’t post ANYTHING it doesent make sense

U mention the elite title poll if u would please look at when the last 2 were u will see the most recent was behind schedule and so is the one that should of been posted by now
yeah i saw 2 of the players that were mad about how much you post, i dont understand how people get upset about something that has no impact on them

please feel free to tell me what you disagree with @Hallowqueen

Last edited:

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 298
Quality > Quantity
I have been trying to make quality posts if u have any suggestions on how i could improve the quality of my posts pls say

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
I have been trying to make quality posts if u have any suggestions on how i could improve the quality of my posts pls say
Make parkour maps and submit them to forums, we're in dire need of map makers rn

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 298
Make parkour maps and submit them to forums, we're in dire need of map makers rn
Ofc i can try that ill start making 1 rn dont expect it to be too good im not too good at building

Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Forum God
VIP+
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
VIP+
Ratings
534 98
Thank you, Hallow for this thread and expressing your opinions about what is happening in the forums currently. We always appreciate your efforts to improve ManaCube platforms. And from my side, I apologize for spamming up your alerts

Well, let's be honest, the forum is literally dead. Why? Simply because there are no many ppl interacting on the forums, so instead of keeping the forum dead, we're doing our best to revive it. Imagine a new joiner just joined and saw the latest threads from two weeks or a month ago with zero replies, they will just quit.

Currently ppl don't post new threads as that was happening on 2016-2019. I remember when ChocBar was warning ppl for necro-posting. The forums were very active and was gonna be messy.

And now! it's dead, ppl only make threads for saying, Hi, I need help, I'm new to ManaCube, how to get cubits?, how to make money?, when reset?, etc. They also join forums to submit their tickets and ban appeals only and then log out until they get banned or face a new issue then come back to the forums

I suggest adding competitions on the forums, such as best thread, best activist, best tutorial, best guide, etc. And the winners could get Cubits in-game, and special tags in the forums, in game and Discord.

Again, thank you for your time Hallow <3

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 298
Recently, it seems there has been a group of players who are interested in "reviving the forums" and making the platform a more active place. Now, if you know me, you know the forums are my favourite part of the network, since joining in 2018 I thoroughly enjoy engaging with players, discussing suggestions and hearing feedback from the community from crate ideas to events to punishments and rules - as well as providing support and taking part in the forum games. So I am the first person to support the idea of finding ways to encourage new players to be part of the forums and get involved in sharing their opinions and engaging with the wider community.

However, I think it is important to note that the forums was never designed to be as fast-paced of a platform for communication as the Discord for example. While I believe it is great to see players creating threads and commenting their thoughts on topics, the meaning is lost when it comes down to just farming posts and flooding the forums to be listed under the "most posts" section. In my opinion, when this happens, it has the opposite effect of encouraging others to join the forums and instead makes the platform look untidy, off-putting and filled with spam. A major factor in this also has been the new Matrix Rewards system which encourages players to make a daily post on the forums in order to get rewards. However, I think @Josh/P2 created an immediate and effective solution to this with his "This is for Rewards" thread. It prevents players creating entirely new threads which usually contribute nothing to discussions and die off quickly, further creating a bad look throughout the sub-forums.

That being said, I am not attempting to discourage anyone from being active on the forums - but, I believe there is a huge difference between being an active user and flooding the forums to rack up a higher post count. Now, from a staff perspective we are much more lenient with the forums and how we go about "punishing" and handling issues throughout threads - this is because it is not our goal to silence players or stop them from sharing thoughts, venting frustrations about rules/punishments/situations they have experienced, however, all we ask in return is that you use common sense and remain respectful. There are constructive ways to use the forums and encourage activity on the platform. Flooding posts every few moments is not one of these ways in my opinion - there is a reason for the cool-down on posting.

I believe the team and Dacon have taken productive steps to encourage the wider community to use the forums. For example: The monthly ELITE title polls have inspired players to share their ideas for custom titles, and offers the opportunity for players to have a say in which titles they would like the chance to win from crates. Whenever there are giveaways taking place, they choose players from both Discord AND the Forums, so players feel inclined to comment under announcement threads for the chance to win keys/cubits.

I bring this up, because around a year ago - before I came back to the staff team, I proposed some suggestions I had, with hopes of incentivising more players to use the forums and create more use for existing features. This was seen by Dacon, and it's clear he took the feedback on board and used it to create ways to have the community engage with the forums. The thread can be found here if you're curious: https://manacube.com/threads/forums-overhaul-incentives.86593/.

All in all, my point is that there are constructive ways to motivate players to be active on the forums - but making them spam filled and off-putting is not the way to go about it. I'd love to hear if there are any more ways players think the forums could be adapted to make newer players more inclined to get involved in discussions :)
U might not be trying to discourage players from using forums but when 2 different staff members say opposite shit then its legit just discouraging i was told by a staff member that my use of regular threads WAS spammy in which i do agree with but i then asked if forums games was a part of this issue and they said no forums games is fine cos it was made to be a bit spammy
I was then told by @VenomousLemon to shut up or i will be banned from forums

I get what YOUR saying hallow but dont u feel this can be a bit discouraging to use forums when your tild by the first staff member its fine then by another to shut up quickly or get a ban

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
U might not be trying to discourage players from using forums but when 2 different staff members say opposite shit then its legit just discouraging i was told by a staff member that my use of regular threads WAS spammy in which i do agree with but i then asked if forums games was a part of this issue and they said no forums games is fine cos it was made to be a bit spammy

I get what YOUR saying hallow but dont u feel this can be a bit discouraging to use forums when your tild by the first staff member its fine then by another to shut up quickly or get a ban
honestly this just proves how unorganized or unprofessional this server can really be, multiple staff going against each other isnt something that should be happening on a big server..
i dont see how you could get banned for spamming on forum games, it doesnt pop up on recent threads so nobody can get upset about it drowning out other posts and like this person said
it was made to be a bit spammy
everyone would think this. i also have a feeling that if it was bannable to spam forum games, we would be gone already, swrds saw the thread we were spamming, firerocket joined in on one of the threads a little, but were still here even though we are probably posting minimum of 50 times per day on forum games as a bit of fun. id also like to think @VenomousLemon would have reached out to me or dag and tell us the same thing instead of i guess targeting shrek when we are literally doing the same thing as him? (he might have messaged dag idk)

Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Forum God
VIP+
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
VIP+
Ratings
534 98
honestly this just proves how unorganized or unprofessional this server can really be, multiple staff going against each other isnt something that should be happening on a big server..
i dont see how you could get banned for spamming on forum games, it doesnt pop up on recent threads so nobody can get upset about it drowning out other posts and like this person said everyone would think this. i also have a feeling that if it was bannable to spam forum games, we would be gone already, swrds saw the thread we were spamming, firerocket joined in on one of the threads a little, but were still here even though we are probably posting minimum of 50 times per day on forum games as a bit of fun. id also like to think @VenomousLemon would have reached out to me or dag and tell us the same thing instead of i guess targeting shrek when we are literally doing the same thing as him? (he might have messaged dag idk)
I think if ManaCube moves support tickets and ban appeals to Discord, then R.I.P ManaCube Forums :eek:

Josh/P2

Survival Mod
IP2I
IP2I
Mod
Ratings
284 21

First of all I doubt Ven would tell you to 'shut up', secondly, Staff are human too, what may be fine isn't fine for the other and we tend to discuss these things with each other to fix the issue of us going against each other, furthermore if a staff member previously told you it was okay then another told you it's not it's either 1. We decided that it wasn't okay in private and took a vote on it. Or 2. One staff member made a judgement as they thought about it and probably advised you that they didn't have an issue with it.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 298
i dont see how you could get banned for spamming on forum games, it doesnt pop up on recent threads so nobody can get upset about it drowning out other posts and like this person said everyone would think this. i also have a feeling that if it was bannable to spam forum games, we would be gone already, swrds saw the thread we were spamming, firerocket joined in on one of the threads a little, but were still here even though we are probably posting minimum of 50 times per day on forum games as a bit of fun. id also like to think @VenomousLemon would have reached out to me or dag and tell us the same thing instead of i guess targeting shrek when we are literally doing the same thing as him? (he might have messaged dag idk)
IM SORRY TF U MEAN HE DIDNT SAY NOTHIN TO U NAH THIS IS BS

First of all I doubt Ven would tell you to 'shut up', secondly, Staff are human too, what may be fine isn't fine for the other and we tend to discuss these things with each other to fix the issue of us going against each other, furthermore if a staff member previously told you it was okay then another told you it's not it's either 1. We decided that it wasn't okay in private and took a vote on it. Or 2. One staff member made a judgement as they thought about it and probably advised you that they didn't have an issue with it.
THEN HOW COME IM THE ONLY 1 WHO GETS TOLD TO STOP WHEN THERE ARE 2 OTHERS DOING IT TOO

Srry dosah srry dag aint tryna throw u under this shit just tryna point it out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.