ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! Glad to see you submitting a map! Here are my thoughts;

THEME:
The theme isn't unique, as we have several maps themed after ruins.
BUILD:
There seems to be no main build, so the map just looks like a large string of jumps. Whilst that large string seems to be made well, the lack of the main build does not help you, as well as all of the map looking very similar to each jump.
PARKOUR:
I found the parkour well suited to the easy difficulty, but I thought that it was very boring and repetitive. The only variation you have used in the map is ladder jumps, which even then are very short and boring to do. The rest of the map is a constant slog of jumping and slowly getting higher. The majority of the parkour is also floating, which isn't good.

Overall, I don't think this map would be accepted. Perhaps if you themed if after real ruins and created a main build with varied blocks and parkour, you could have a good map on your hands. Good luck in your future submissions!

Heyo! Glad to see you submitting a map! Here are my thoughts;

THEME:
The theme isn't unique, as we have several maps themed after ruins.
BUILD:
There seems to be no main build, so the map just looks like a large string of jumps. Whilst that large string seems to be made well, the lack of the main build does not help you, as well as all of the map looking very similar to each jump.
PARKOUR:
I found the parkour well suited to the easy difficulty, but I thought that it was very boring and repetitive. The only variation you have used in the map is ladder jumps, which even then are very short and boring to do. The rest of the map is a constant slog of jumping and slowly getting higher. The majority of the parkour is also floating, which isn't good.

Overall, I don't think this map would be accepted. Perhaps if you themed if after real ruins and created a main build with varied blocks and parkour, you could have a good map on your hands. Good luck in your future submissions!

Hi! Thank you so much for feedback I will try to make mine more acceptable as you said in your comment! I was wondering if you had a better wording or suggestions for "varied blocks". Thanks!

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
I'm glad you're up to the task of fixing up your map! When I say 'varied blocks', I mean that you should make your build and parkour more varied. For the build, you should add more texture and different kinds of blocks in your build, as they all look pretty similar. On the parkour, I would recommend using blocks with different hitboxes (e.g cobble walls, anvils, etc.) and more interesting jumps (e.g 2 + 1, 3 block, etc.) to add more to the variety. I'm excited to see how you change up your map, and good luck to you!

Thank you so much, It means a lot to have someone help me achieve a goal! I will work on that. And one more thing so sorry to bother you again, How are people getting the blocks like Barriers? Again thank you It means so much!

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
To get barriers, just do /barrier in Map Maker. If you need anything else, feel free to ask! Best of luck!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, I'll be REJECTING your submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme isn't original, like Lofi said. The "Ruins" theme has been used for a lot of maps, so remember to check the Parkour List to make sure that your theme is original.
Build: The build was pretty well detailed with different types of stone, so good job there. However, parkour maps should be a central build with parkour built around/in the build as opposed to a bunch of floating jumps.
Parkour: The parkour fit the easy difficulty pretty well and wasn't too long - however, the jumps were very repetitive. Try to use jumps that include vines, ice, soul sand, anvils, flower pots, heads, etc. to make your parkour interesting and fun to play. I did like your parkour path that went up the build, so that was a positive.

I hope to see more map submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.