Ratings
255 2
GamersDecision
ShineGate
Easy
Jumps: 37
Checkpoints: 3
/plot home GamersDecision

I worked with the critique I was given and changed the map. The build is more detailed with chiseled quartz blocks and not only quartz blocks. The build is bigger and looks less blocky now. The parkour is completely different because the build size changed, but it shouldn't be too difficult after multiple players testing. The Shine Sprite looks more accurate to what it actually looks like. I also got rid of the waterfall behind the gate to reduce all chance of exploiting and to reduce the amount of barriers on the level. Personally I think this looks better than the original build! Also I changed the name of the level to ShineGate, since that is the build's actual name which I completely forgot!

Attachments

Last edited:

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hoi GamersDecision!

I'll be giving your map a +1, the reasons are the following:

The theme for your map (if we considered it as a tower which I really don't think it is) it's a bit overused, but it's a gate and that in specific hasn't been done before so I'd say it's fine to make it that way.

The build resembles to the name of your map and it's a decent build, the sun was very well made and the rest it was pleasing to the eyes.

About the Parkour, it fits the difficulty nicely and didn't find it repetitive when testing it, and liked the blocks used.

Overall, it is a good map and I wish you good luck and hope it gets accepted!

- fau

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Thank you Faudon for the critique! I might actually want the name to be changed to ShineGate now that you said it was a gate, I had forgotten the name of the original gate! So thanks a lot! :D

alexbuffet

ELITE
alexbuffet
alexbuffet
ELITE
Ratings
The overall theme and build for your map looks great, I have never seen a theme related to Mario Sunshine and the build looks accurate to the game. The parkour is varied and a good difficulty and length. Good luck on submitting!!!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello GamersDecision,

I'm happy to tell you, your map has been Accepted!
The Mario theme itself isn't original as there are many Mario related maps, however there aren't any of this exact theme.
The build isn't bad. The gate part does feel a little flat, however the structure in the game itself is like that, and you have built it accurately.
The parkour is varied.. You used a good variety of blocks and items to create original and enjoyable jumps, which is good.
You also implemented the parkour into the build well, with minimal floating jumps.
The length and difficulty are good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.