Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Alright so here we are.

As you all know, one of the best and only ways of making the money money and to become the best on the server is from afking. We are all aware that this requires alternate accounts (alts) and we have seen various amounts of players using 10+ accounts, using many of them to afk. Although there is the "alt limit" of 5 accounts per IP address, we as staff can't punish many who bypass this. Though in large enough amounts we can, it becomes tricky.

I am here to ask, you, the skyblock community, for ideas and/or suggestions on how we can change this. Other than the more obvious solution, such as enforcing the alt account limit. An idea I have been thinking about was reintroducing chunk loaders, these would stand in for alts and load anything within that chunk, such as spawners or farms without needing an alt afking there.

Feel free to express your opinions and if you complain about p2w, afk2win, or alt2win, please suggest a something new we can consider so that maybe we can suggest it to higher ups for a chance to be implemented. We are not required to ask the community about their opinions on topics like this but I would like to hear what everyone else is thinking. I believe that you all deserve to have a voice in the future of Skyblock, as you are the ones who play.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I could easily code a custom plugin for this... After detecting 5 Accounts of the same IP, it would just kick them until the satisfaction was met.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
We already have a limit for 5 accounts per ip that is not the issue. The issue is players using vpns to bypass the limits
Ohhhhhh sorry, I misinterpreted it. VPN Blocker? But that would mean people would be exposed to that whole issue, so.................... idk?

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
Yea like I said we are looking for other solutions other than the alt limit
Maybe just have like 5 people per island limit?

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
All g xD Not trying to come off as rude but just explaining why things like that might not work
Collio. Ill tell you if I think of anything tho!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
Hey Mr. Mik!
Thank you for being like, the only staff that's out here, actively looking for game improvements. It really means a lot to me and a bunch of the players who have been asking for this for a while.
I believe that the older island leveling system was better to reduce 'afk2win' because you had to be there to place the blocks. However, I think I understand why they changed to this unique system. I think there is a balance that can be found and should be met.
I do not like the idea of 'chunk loaders' because I see this is another 'pay2win' item, like infinity chests and chunk hoppers.
If there was some other kind of system, perhaps based on mcmmo, or stats, that would be requirements for you to level up your island and if money wasn't much of the major desire then it would fix it.
I hate to say it, but I think skyblock needs another revamp. One that fixes it (and releases slayer 4)

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Ill respond about the old system in a bit but regarding the chunk loaders how I would want them to be introduced to the game more as an item to be accessible through activity in game. Maybe a secret shop selling them for very expensive. But the struggle slime and I found as we talked about it for awhile is how to find the balance between solo islands that can only run 5 alts and islands with 5-10 members all of which can run alts and create alt islands. I would want them to be easily accessible but the balancing is where we are stuck currently.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Definitely do agree with you, those were simpler times. It did help balance the economy a bit since players had to actively be placing blocks to increase their level. As SSM mentioned though, it was changed over for a few reasons and the chances that the change gets reversed is very unlikely.

As irrelevant or silly as it may sound, the newer system actually makes it more fair for everyone playing the game. Though some may disagree with that statement, not everyone is able to be online all the time placing blocks for hours, but many can get their accounts online and afk. Though with both systems there are limitations and it is hard to make it fair for all, it's an improvement towards that.

Please don't take it as me disagreeing with you, because trust me, I enjoyed the old days as much, or more than, everyone else. If you have any others please feel free to list them, we're always looking for improvements! :)

Last edited:

AZNCreeper

ELITE
AZNCreeper
AZNCreeper
ELITE
Ratings
65 3
Not sure if this is related but it’d be nice to bring back other ways to get payouts that don’t require afk, like mcmmo and such.

On the topic itself, I do like the idea of chunk loaders since I don’t have alts (I kinda just freeload from others) but only if they aren’t pay to win. I like the idea of things being added to /kilton like on factions. Maybe add them for a pretty high price since they’re quite OP items.

On another note please don’t bring inf+ system to next season please, anything but the inf+.

I’m writing this during class so idk if any of this makes sense or is reasonable since I didn’t think anything through before writing

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Ah inf and inf+.

So when Slime and I first saw this introduced on survival we despised it and hated it as much as you people do. But recently we realized that they might be able to help the alt2win gamemode with the correct changes.

As you know Slime and I are very active sb players. So when we saw survival had a almost identical economy we wanted to experiment with the new infs and see if they could be a good addition. We tested with 2 normal 5$ infs and 1 15$ inf+. After maxing all of the infs within the first days we were able to handle 27 stacks of spawners without any overflow. We did not try to find the most efficient design. Then slime just asked 2 accounts on 18 stacks on igs. We made around 2b within the first weeks which was enough to get us on baltop without even trying at all with farming or anything.

Due to this we feel that the infs need to be harder to upgrade and have a higher tax so that the players cannot make so much money just like sb. Ik you may not like this but overall I believe It will do more good than bad. This will be a hefty nerf and players will need to get used to not making as much money as they did this season.

Tvpstone

ELITE
Tvpstone
Tvpstone
ELITE
In my eyes trying to balance solo islands against islands with multiple members is not really possible. With regards to man-hours of grinding alone a multi-player island has an enormous advantage over any solo player. And when you're able to combine resources, both in-game and in terms of accounts, a solo player has basically zero chance of competing.

Having said that, I do think trying to put more power into resources obtainable in-game and in-game activities would be the most beneficial to most players. I LOVEEE slayer and the potential it has to be used to give newer players great and unique items, but at the moment the items obtainable from slayer are underwhelming to say the least.

I think putting more power into slayer drops would put more value on active play and specifically, I think endgame spawners (ig, evokers) should be gated behind slayer. Whether that be by slayer mobs dropping those spawners (a la magma cubes), or through a slayer shop that you can buy them from through grinding slayer (kilton but for slayer maybe). Of course, balancing would have to be done to make those spawners much more powerful in smaller amounts (increasing sell price of drops probably), but in my head this change would have a few different positive effects.
  1. It would make slayer more enticing and grind-worthy for both new and veteran players due to the high-end spawners being so sought after.
  2. It would allow new players a chance at making money besides the current situation of selling all your cubits until you can buy spawners.
  3. It could effectively buff sell wands, as the time between getting your first spawner from slayer and getting enough to warrant an inf would be massively increased. Since sell wands come from mana pond and are pretty easily accessible, this would help newer players.
  4. It could potentially limit the effectiveness of stacking infs and alts as getting enough spawners to warrant extra infs and alts would take much longer than just buying spawners with bal.
There are probably other things I'm overlooking and I may be wrong in some of my conclusions so feel free to point out anything that might be wrong, but in it's current state, slayer isn't really useful outside of mana, and spawners are too reliant on pure volume in order to make money. Buffing slayer drops and dramatically increasing the power of individual spawners would, in my mind, give new players more opportunities to grow, and give veteran players more incentive to be active throughout the season.

Thanks!!!

TL;DR: Gate endgame spawners by slayer. Make them way more powerful in small amounts.