Staff application.

maddeh

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
169 3
Well hai.

Just wondering to see why other people can view staff applications that have been rejected. Asking this since some may dislike the fact that other people can view their rejected application as they may want to keep this private to avoid others copying or commenting on it.

Thanks.

CarrotPie

Dedicated Member
Ratings
45 9
I believe it's so that other people can give their ranking of the application. This way, if someone was rejected, thy can see other users ideas and try to change it up. So someone could suggest, for example, "try to interact more with players" and then the user who applied can take that into consideration for when or if, they re-apply.

Hope this helped,

CarrotPie

maddeh

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
169 3
I believe it's so that other people can give their ranking of the application. This way, if someone was rejected, thy can see other users ideas and try to change it up. So someone could suggest, for example, "try to interact more with players" and then the user who applied can take that into consideration for when or if, they re-apply.

Hope this helped,

CarrotPie
They should allow the one applying to make their application available for others to see or to keep it private for only them and the staff members to view.

CarrotPie

Dedicated Member
Ratings
45 9
They should allow the one applying to make their application available for others to see or to keep it private for only them and the staff members to view.
That is a good point. If I ever become staff I may bring this up. However, until then, maybe you could message a high-ranking staff member.

Zoogoo40

Ratings
54 4
I believe it's so that anyone can go through and read them to see why they're rejected, like there are some really good rejected apps and knowing why they're rejected is a good way to avoid getting your own rejected.

I read essentially every rejected app and tried to see why they weren't accepted so that mine might have stood a better chance.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Staff applications used to be private, but as stated above they were changed to allow users to comment on the app before it was dealt with to allow the applicant to change their app according to the feedback.

The only apps that can be viewed are those submitted after the change to public. And, there is no option to submit privately or publically. Currently, all applications will be public.

But, the community are very helpful and critical on the application. They are only trying to help and give feedback that they think will help. If anything bad happens in the comment section, such as an argument it will be stopped by a staff member.

For anyone applying that is scared of it being public, I would just be confident and make sure your application is as good as it can be as well as meeting all the requirements and hope for the best in submitting your app.

If you would like you know more about the applications being public you can thread the following thread
http://forums.manacube.com/threads/new-application-info-requirements-need-to-know.10605/

Zoogoo40

Ratings
54 4
I've found an issue with this.

Privacy is all good and dandy, but when you can't even read your own rejection message or previous app to reference. It's a bit absurd.

maddeh

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
169 3
I've had this problem as well.

Edit: Never mind, it has been fixed.